How to Re-Engage Perfect Pass Without Stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Re-Engage Perfect Pass Without Stopping

Hey Guys - I'm stuck on this one and wondering if anyone has run into similar circumstances or has any suggestions that I may not be thinking of here. I have a 2005 22v with the Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro (not GPS based) and have been very happy with it but am moving to a different lake this summer and am concerned about one issue. With my configuration, any throttle-back input will automatically disable the Perfect Pass and the unit will not resume speed control until I come to a complete stop, go into neutral, and take off again. The lake we are using this summer is very small and is a triangle shape...so on one side we can make a wide turn in which we probably won't need to adjust speed, but the other side (the "point" of the triangle) is very narrow and I'm going to need to throttle back to make the 180 degree turn and then resume the pass in the opposite direction. The problem is that I don't want to have to come to a complete stop and re-launch every time I'm at that narrow end of the lake. The lake is so short that this would be a LOT of stopping and starting...what I'd like to do is keep the skier upright at the minimum possible speed while making the turn and then immediately throttle back up and have PP take control of the speed.

Does anyone know if there's any way to do this? Is there any way to manually "tell" PP to resume speed control after disabling it via the negative throttle input? Any help is appreciated!

My 2005 used to always resume the same speed. In fact, it was a little annoying when I forgot to turn it off when heading home and I would get stuck at 22 MPH.

Are you sure it doesn't re-engage once you get back to speed?
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

^^^^mine does the same as the tallredrider

Comment

Somewhat off subject, but there are actually three points of a triangle.

Comment

I run on a small lake at times and just adjust my speed with the up and down arrows on the Perfect Pass controller. No need to use the throttle.

Comment

Call perfect pass, it shouldn't disengage with slight throttle changes like that.

Comment

I think I can throttle back and then resume on mine. I know I cannot set a specific speed or a preset speed while out of neutral. When in gear I can only set the speed I am at and adjust from there.

Can you throttle down, turn, throttle up and then manually hit the set button on perfect pass?

Or does you perfect pass turn off completely and disable after throttle down?

Comment

I am probably wrong, but every PP equipped boat I have operated will disengage when throttle is cut and re-engage when it receives enough throttle again. Possibly an old software version loaded into your module that is making you stop/come to neutral. I'd contact PP, they are usually really helpful with customer/dealer service. Just a heads up they are in far east Canada so if you are out west call earlyish​ in the day to get someone on the phone.

Comment

Working...
                X