Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Power to rocker switches

I have a 2005 Tige 22V

Im not getting power to 4 of the 6 rockers switches. The Bilge, Blower, courtesy, and nav lights are not working, nor are the rockers switches lighting up.

The two rocker switches on the right which are the tower lights, and docking lights are working.

I checked the fuses, ground connections for those circuits, and tested both batteries. Running out of ideas. Any help would be fantastic.

image1.jpg
    Last edited by 2005Tige22V; 03-21-2017, 08:57 PM.

If you have a voltmeter you can check the leads on the back to verify power to the switchs. You may have some switches that pooped the bed on ya. I've had one fail before.

Comment

The switches do fail regularly. Are you basing no power on the fact the switch doesn't light up and the function doesn't work? Or have you checked for power at the back of the switch with a test light or volt meter. Also can just as easily be the loss of ground that stops it from working.

Comment

2 ways to diagnose:

1. As JetDriver said get a volt meter and check the switch functions.
        2. IF the switches are next to each other, then they probably bridged the ground wire from switch to switch. Check Ground wires on the back of each switch they typically just use a friction crimp on them and they become loose over time. If one comes undone all switches beyond the broken connection wont work.

Don't forget to check the ground/power distribution block as well (usually on the bulkhead under the dash). I am guessing that all other switches are working besides the 3 you mentioned?
        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

It just occurred to me that i tested both batteries with a test light, as I didn't have a voltmeter on me. Is it possible that one battery putting out less than 12.5 volts could cause this? One Battery is brand new, the other is 3 years old. I'll get a Voltmeter and report back here next week. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Simple 12V devices like lights, blower and bilge will operate to some degree, with low battery voltage. So you would have to have a VERY dead battery. A volt meter will end any speculation. It will also aid in checking the switches and both sides of the breakers.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On a side note, putting a new battery with your old one is a pretty good way to kill the new battery. They almost always have differences in charging speeds, resting voltages, and power output. All of that adds up to premature death. I try and replace both at the same time whenever possible. I have heard this on the diesel forums as well (most diesel trucks have 2 batteries).
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I need help.

Both batteries have 12.4 volts.
                The rocker switches for the Bilge, Blower, Nav Lights are still not working.
                The rocker switches are not getting power to them, as confirmed with a Voltmeter. There are two rocker switches on the far end that are getting power- the docking lights and shower.

The taps also does not get power to it.

Im at a loss. Checked all the fuses, breakers, and 60 amp fuses at the battery, and breaker at the batteries. All looks norm. I checked the ground connections at the bus bar on the back of the help. All the grounds look good. I've attached an electric diagram from the Downloads section of this site, that shows that are all located on one 9 pin connector, and re-seated the connection.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 1.53.44 PM.jpg

image1.jpg
                Last edited by 2005Tige22V; 03-21-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

The ground connections are in-fact daisy chained on the back of the rockers, however all the ground connections loo good. The ground power at the distribution block looks good.

Comment

Success. Thanks to all who offered suggestions. As it turns out those 6 dashboard breakers draw there power from the 12v receptacle. The far left 12v breaker had a red(power) friction crimp come lose on its own accord.

Comment

Nice when it's something simple, sucks when you go through a hundred other things to find it!
                      Glad you got it figured out

Comment

Working...
                      X