Happy Pill Reviews???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Pill Reviews???

I am looking for a good, easy to ride, all around board to have on my boat so that anyone in the boat can ride. I currently have a CWB ride for this situation but the board seems less buoyant for new riders who haven't quite figured out how to do solid pumps. I was looking at the LF Happy Pill (last year close out) and it actually has colors that match my boar (hahaha not that that matters to much).

Anyone have the happy pill? Any comments, reviews, etc.? does it stay in the wave without a lot of effort?

Thank you,
    Kyle

Rode the Pill once, its okay. I mean specifically what your talking about, brand new rider, not pumping, no spins, no airs, just stand and cruise...sure the pill will do the job. That being said, I had the choice between the LF Pill and the Ronix Koal Fish, I bought the Koal in a 5' 4" 2012 model. Its long, light, not super weight sensitive, my dad is 6' 2" 240lbs and he rides it just fine (he only rides a few times a year). Needed to upgrade the fins for his weight but he rips on it for an old guy LOL.

There are a ton of boards, but to answer your question a LF Pill will do all of that and if you get it cheap enough go for it! When the time comes you could always hand it off for a few buck and upgrade to something a little more agile as your surf crowd improves.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I clicked on this title thinking it was a thread the wife needed to reply to.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^^^ hahahah that's hilarious!

Thanks for the input Brad. I'll check out the Ronix Koal Fish as well.

Comment

FWIW I have the Ronix Power Tail - the large size, and we have everyone from large adults to kids riding it and it seems to accommodate all skill levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine bought this board and completely regrets it. It's a great board for a beginner to learn on. But it's hard to carve, super slow so don't count on any airs and it won't spin. Not trying to be all negative but that's my experience, maybe others have it set up better.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              I clicked on this title thinking it was a thread the wife needed to reply to.

Okay this had me rolling for minute. Nice Mike!
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I am also curious about that. return man 3 unblocked
                Last edited by Bigkims1995; 09-03-2017, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Alright guys, I have narrowed down my board search to two. I am curious if anyone has ridden the Ronix Thruster found here:

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakesurf-b...ter-board.aspx

I am considering it because it seems like a good deal.

I am leaning towards the Ronix classic fish - seems to be a good all around board and can't find a bad review on it. My question fro the group though is what size would be recommended (5' or 5'6")?

I am usually the biggest guy on the boat at 6'2" 210lbs. Would the 5' be enough board?

Comment

Some of board sizing is wave dependent but I would think once you start getting over 200 lbs the 5'6 would be the better choice. I'm 218 lbs and have the Ronix Powertail 5'6". Everyone we boat with uses it. For the beginners it's super floaty and easy to ride. For me it's a good fit and with the dual thruster fin config seems to be plenty fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X