No announcement yet.

Tow with cover on or off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tow the boat for 5hrs up to 70mph, I use wrap around the boat above the rub rail and around the tower, twist the straps, if your straps are flapping twist them more. I found this to be the best by far. I towed without once, and there was dust, diesel exhaust, and even small rocks in the boat. I wrap the boat 3 times around. I made the mistake last year covering the fuel vent like above and had fuel between the wrap and boat but no damage just smell. happy towing!!!!

Comment

I bought a snap cover exactly for this reason plus I can put it on while the boat's on the water if it rains.

Comment

Thank you all! You school me many different options and I'm thankful for that.
        Tigeowners is life haha

Comment

I tow our boat around 3000-5000 miles a year and have never used the cover when in tow. When I arrive it takes less then 15 minutes to clean the windshield and tower off. Rest of boat is usually clean other then a bug here and there. Keeping boat waxed helps with clean time IMO. I also have speaker suitz that make life easier! I don't want to chance the surface scratches or the $1k cover ripping when in tow.

If raining I slow and will tow with it on as the road grime is impossible to remove all the way, but have been lucky most time I tow weather is good. Cover is removed as soon as I'm out of rain. Otherwise the boat gets towed at 80 with no issues.

Try it both ways and see what works best for you!!

Comment

Always on to the lake, always off leaving the lake. But I do it specifically because of the boards and other stuff that doesn't fit in lockers. I takes all of 5 minutes to take the cover off when I get there. On the way home the boat interior is wet so I don't want to chance mold so i tow cover off to air dry the boat plus I have to clean the bot when I get home anyway.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I'm of the belief of not towing with a cover on for the reasons previously mentioned. Just my preference.
              Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

I tow mine with cover on.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Comment

It depends a lot on your cover. The Nautique and MC factory covers are designed to be used while traveling. They will not chafe the boat if cinched up to any reasonable degree. The cover that came on my 2006 Malibu was not designed for traveling.

I would hope that Tige is currently using a similar high quality cover from the factory as well.

Evolution covers are a great aftermarket cover that are made to protect the boat while towing.

I once considered snaps for the peace of mind that comes with traveling with a snap on cover, but I believe that the durability is suspect, creating gelcoat repair down the road.
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Tige also has ones designed for towing, ours is lined with this felt like material on contact points with the boat. For any long trip the cover goes on, along with racks and speakers off.

Comment

Working...
                    X