Surfing MN in March/MP 340 Quick Winterizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfing MN in March/MP 340 Quick Winterizing

Hi all. With the help of my good friend Global Warming, we are starting to see the lakes opening up in Minnesota already. Then my wife sends me the following link:
    http://www.kare11.com/weather/wakesu...nter/421449333
    It looks like there is at least one person on the water. I have made it out in April before in a full suit and may have the opportunity to go out in March.

Is there such a thing as a quick winterizing on the MP340? I would like to drop the boat in just so I can say I got a set in March in MN. If I do so, it would need to be winterized since will most likely see some freezing temps. Any ideas or suggestions?
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

There's a winterization guide in the "how to" section of the forum. Riding in march in MN?! Pics or it didn't happen the MP 340 is real easy to drain. If you have a heater you'll need to drain it to.

Comment

pull both knock sensors, plugs from each exhaust manifold, the outlet hose of the trans cooler and outlet hose of the raw water pump.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
        There's a winterization guide in the "how to" section of the forum. Riding in march in MN?! Pics or it didn't happen the MP 340 is real easy to drain. If you have a heater you'll need to drain it to.
        Unrelated to the winterization, but I had to chime in on the MN March surfing. We made it out on Minnetonka on March 26th last spring. 44 degree air and water temp. Chilled me to the bones, but worth it for the pictures and stories 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Considering its snowing now and we are supposed to get 3-6 tonight may have to hold off. Not to much happy in the 10 day either(unless your a snow skier like me!!). I'm thinking you missed your window for a couple weeks. Nothing like a 60 degree week at the end of February and now a below average March.

Mother Nature is a tease and bipolar!!

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
            Considering its snowing now and we are supposed to get 3-6 tonight may have to hold off. Not to much happy in the 10 day either(unless your a snow skier like me!!). I'm thinking you missed your window for a couple weeks. Nothing like a 60 degree week at the end of February and now a below average March.

Mother Nature is a tease and bipolar!!
            It is a strange year, that's for sure. We have about 4" down now and I am looking at open water on Tonka out back. Crazy. Not sure if I should be putting the snowmobiles away and picking up the boat, or waiting another month...?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X