Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf racks on alpha Z tower ?

Hi guys.
    I think for 2017 Tigé have some surfboard rack on the top of the tower.
    But does some exist for 2016 alpha Z tower?
    I like the idea putting the surf on top instead on sides on the sun all day.

Maybe some of you have one and can share pictures and where they bought them!
    Thanks a lot

The rack started in 2015 I believe.

There are Surfboard pockets in the Bimini. Works very well!

Comment

Yeah. That's it. It's true Tigé is the surfpocket! Sadly My 2016 rzr don't have pockets.. i will try to see if it's possible to upgrade it from my dealer. Thanks!

Comment

I took our Bimini to the local boat upholstery shop. They were able to add pockets for me. I had them angled outward to keep the fins out of the rope.

Be careful on hot days with fiberglass boards though.

Comment

Yeah, you're totally right. I was wondering if It was possible to add pocket instead of changing it.
          And yes really important to be careful on hot days. Even on the stock racks on the sides, my soulcraft always stay in a towel haha. The surf pocket is more for my friends boards.. when we are 4 or 5 in the boat with our own surf and our 2 wakeboards I don't want some hanging on the floor.
          Last edited by Mike88; 03-11-2017, 02:53 AM.

Comment

My 2013 z3 came with the surf bimini that has the pockets

Comment

We took our standard Bimini and had pockets added for less than 200 bucks and it looks identical to factory! I personally think it's much better to have boards up there instead of flopping in the racks. If it's s warm day I make sure I get them wet when I first slide them in, and if you're supper worried, get a surf sock and wet it.

Comment

Like others, we did add pockets to our bimini for under $200.

Warning though, you can't see the nav light 360 degrees with boards in the bimini (alpha Z tower) at dusk and a Tige or 2 has been pulled over at LOTO for this. I don't think anyone got a ticket, but they got some "attention".

I thought the bimini surf pockets were the perfect solution as I am fearful to put soft boards like our Soulcrafts in the clamping racks. But with the heat issue, I'm not so sure they won't just ride in bags in the bow now.

Comment

Another route if you don't use your Bimini
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
                    Another route if you don't use your Bimini
                    Looks like Corson Piper racks, those are a great way to haul boards around. If you want info on these let me know, he's my surf buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by lancehon View Post
                      Looks like Corson Piper racks, those are a great way to haul boards around. If you want info on these let me know, he's my surf buddy.
                      Yep. They are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X