Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on buying first Tige

First time poster here.
    I'm considering buying my first wakeboard/wakesurf boat and have been reading on the forum for the past several days. Lots of good info and I hope I'm able to get some advice. A private seller nearby has a 2004 22V Riders Edition for sale. Went and saw it today and the gelcoat is in excellent condition. Upholstery is fair but the remainder of the interior is clean and in very good condition. He has added a new stereo and heater. Service records up to date and available for review. Total hours listed is 79 but that seems awful low so I've asked him to verify that. He is asking $29,000. NADA comes in under that and boat trader and a few other sites have prices all over the place. Do you think this is a good price?

Thanks in advance.

See my post below, I paid 24.5K for my fully loaded 2004 Rider's Edtion last week. My upholstery is excellent but I do have some minor gel coat cracks here and there. I paid a few hundred dollars for a shop to thoroughly inspect the boat and run it since I couldn't test it. The hours are likely off, mine says 130 hours and the seller was sure it was, but really it was 600ish and I received a print out of RPMS and time. I'd try to negotiate a bit and have a shop inspect it.
    Last edited by parkcityxj; 03-06-2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Any reputable boat shop with Diacom should be able to scan the engine ECM to get you hours.

Comment

Like park said the price is high. As to the hours, that is a 14 model year old boat. So doing the math thats 5.6 per year. Either it was used ONCE a year and never more or its off. I'd vote for off.

Ask the guy flat out how much he used the boat, if the answer if more than once a year then the hours have to be off. 20 hours a year is a super slow year, a year where most will think "probably time to sell the boat". That would leave you around 280 hours......you have 79. Most of the users on here put that on in a year!!!!

Comment

I agree... a little high. Very similar to parkcityxj's comments - I bought mine ('04 22V Riders Edition) for $24,500 including trailer. Interior was good, a few minor cracks in gelcoat but nothing to be concerned about. I freaking love my boat! If you go on only inboards and search Tige's, you'll see they go around $25K. If the engine hours are that low, maybe worth $26/$27??? I agree with the other comments - pay the money to get it inspected THOROUGHLY. Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nhunt View Post
            I agree... a little high. Very similar to parkcityxj's comments - I bought mine ('04 22V Riders Edition) for $24,500 including trailer. Interior was good, a few minor cracks in gelcoat but nothing to be concerned about. I freaking love my boat! If you go on only inboards and search Tige's, you'll see they go around $25K. If the engine hours are that low, maybe worth $26/$27??? I agree with the other comments - pay the money to get it inspected THOROUGHLY. Good luck!!!
            That low of hours makes me afraid of it, actually.

Going huge periods of time without being run at all tends to make things break down sooner rather than later. I would rather have an 800 hour boat than an 80 hour boat of that age. Boats rarely fall apart from overuse. They usually decay in the backyard with weeds growing around the trailer because some small part broke and they never got around to fixing it. Then the tires went flat and the trailer bearings overheated after sitting still for 3 years, then the starter froze up and the batteries were dead, so what could have been a small fix, 3 years later is a big headache. And then the motor hasn't seen any fresh oil in that time, so....... you get the idea.
            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

So whats the latest on this 79 hour "barn find"?????

Comment

pigsooie are you talking about the one in Rogers AR? Pictures look clean but does seem low on hrs, course my 20 yr old boat only has 280 hrs on it and no issues with it at all. Be worth checking out I would think but needs to be fully inspected.

Comment

Well, as you said that 2004 22V Riders Edition is in excellent condition so, I think you should buy it, or if you want to may also buy a new boat surfing boat by any reputable boat shop. Like, my brother loves to do wake surfing, so last week he had bought a new boat which was Centurion Enzo SV233 which was transported a boat transportation company. His Centurion Enzo SV233 had new design which provided world championship level waves on both sides of the boat which created best wakesurfing.

Comment

Working...
                  X