New to me 04 22V in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me 04 22V in Utah

Hey there- I just picked up a 04 22V Rider's Edition last week. I'm a long time boat owner and upgraded from 95 Sunsetter direct drive. All I do is surf now, and after tons of research and checking out other boats I pulled the trigger on it. I had a pre-purchase inspection done by a local shop to make sure it was in good working over. From lurking around seems like there a few guys from Utah here. I live in Kamas and ride Rockport reservoir, sometimes we go to The Jordanelle.
    I'm pretty stoked it came with the following:
    • PP
    • Ronix Wake Shaper
    • Aerator ballast system (looks factory and will upgrade pumps, it's a mixture of 750 and 500 gphs)
    • 1100, 750 and 400 lb fly high sacs
    • Sampson swivel racks
    • Bimini surf rack
    • 6.0 PCM
    • Reupholstered at some point.

The trailer needs to be rebunked and I might look into getting it powdercoated but she's pretty much good to do. I might jump the gun on the Northen Utah season and tow her down to St George in a few weeks.

Summer can't get here soon enough, looking forward to meeting some locals on here as well.

Last edited by parkcityxj; 03-05-2017, 04:54 PM.

Welcome! I live in West Valley and usually hit Rockport for day trips as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah, west valley. Magnas east bench.

we have friends that only go to rockport, but we have never been. We mostly do Willard and jordanelle.
      We tried all last April to get to sand hollow but it rained every weekend. Ended up the first of may. So we scheduled to do that again this year. We usually hit up a few times a year. We also have our first trip to Powell planned for he weekend after July 4th. Then of course Mead in September for the reunion.

Maybe it's time for a Utah owners get together.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride! Right now, Sand Hollow is 47 degrees, definitely rideable if the air is warm enough, but you want a good pair of gloves and booties if you got them.
        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Thanks! Jordanelle was my home lake for 15 years or so when I lived in PC. Since moving to Kamas, Rockport has become my lake as it's a flat, easy tow, and 20 min to the ramp. Rockport doesn't have the wind coverage like Jordanelle and gets blown out easy but am's are usually good. It does have a fraction of the boat traffic as well but on weekends it can get busy. I try to get out 2-4 days a week during the peak season for short sessions, hope to link up with some of you guys.

@talltieguy was this you at Sand Hollow back in January? I see you have a G23 listed, sweet! I talked to him briefly and he going to pull his kid. My parents live in St George and are going next week. We plan on mountain biking but tempted to take the boat down and put it in storage somehwere until it warms up here.
          Last edited by parkcityxj; 03-06-2017, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Welcome!! I'm in Saratoga Springs and usually hit Deer Creek or drive to Yuba on the weekends if I have a bigger crew since you can drive your cars right up on the beach but it does get super windy in the day there. My brother lives in St George and he went to Sand Hallow on Friday, and yep said the water was 47 and the air 70, but with a dry suit and booties he said all was well.

Comment

Originally posted by parkcityxj View Post
              Thanks! Jordanelle was my home lake for 15 years or so when I lived in PC. Since moving to Kamas, Rockport has become my lake as it's a flat, easy tow, and 20 min to the ramp. Rockport doesn't have the wind coverage like Jordanelle and gets blown out easy but am's are usually good. It does have a fraction of the boat traffic as well but on weekends it can get busy. I try to get out 2-4 days a week during the peak season for short sessions, hope to link up with some of you guys.

@talltieguy was this you at Sand Hollow back in January? I see you have a G23 listed, sweet! I talked to him briefly and he going to pull his kid. My parents live in St George and are going next week. We plan on mountain biking but tempted to take the boat down and put it in storage somehwere until it warms up here.
              This is me at Sand Hollow. Come say hello if you see me.
              I am stoked to see how your boat works for you. I think a 22V would be a great value.

Comment

Congrats -- we loved our 22v (our first vdrive), we were able to dial in a pretty good wave with less weight than you have, with a home-made wake shaper and a surf flap; I'm sure you'll get a great wave. We looked at a lot of boats before the 22v, and didn't realize just how good a boat we stumbled into.

When we decided to get something a little bigger with more bells and whistles, we didn't even look at anything else other than Tige.

Comment

Awesome! I love ours!!! If you have kids... this is what it's all about!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6HFLy4tgUc

Comment

Originally posted by nhunt View Post
                    Awesome! I love ours!!! If you have kids... this is what it's all about!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6HFLy4tgUc
                    Great video! Good to see someone on the Air Chair. One of those crashes on the chair we call the 'Lawn Dart' maneuver. That is when I learned to wear a mouthpiece. Visit Foilforum for some great people and knowledge about everything foil related. Some of the best riders in the world frequent the site and are always good about giving tips.

Lots of great crashes, especially at the first. Looks like the Hunt family knows how to take a beating!

It wouldn't be right if we didn't razz you a little about wearing a helmet for surfing. Friends don't let friends wear helmets while surfing.

Comment

Nice video! I've got a headache and a couple ribs out of place just watching [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                        It wouldn't be right if we didn't razz you a little about wearing a helmet for surfing. Friends don't let friends wear helmets while surfing.
                        Tall, you can never be too safe while surfing, or for that matter doing anything behind a boat. this is how I have found the best way to practice safe surfing.....
                        Last edited by sandm; 03-07-2017, 01:30 PM.
                        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                        X