Done with Carpet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done with Carpet!

Need some opinions from everyone. I have a 2013 RZ2. I am tired of snapping in the carpet every time we go out and taking it out every time. I have the information for Gator Step, I have not contacted Seadek yet. In my previous search Seadek was more expensive. I was told back in the day Tige used Gator Step. What is everyone's opinion or any other brands you want to throw at me?

http://www.gatorstep.com/copy-of-gallery-2017
    Tige still uses gatorstep.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have Decadence. Different flooring type entirely. I love it.
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Decadence is in my 2014 RZ2 and everyone loves it! So easy to maintain and super easy to install as it'll come pre-cut and all you do is lay it down as no glue/snaps/velcro needed. Pricey yes but well worth it.

Comment

Deckadence and don't look back. Way cheaper and easier than seadeck. Will last much longer - ours is 4 years old over 500hrs on it. No stains, tears etc looks brand new. Just take out and hose off. Seadek will dent, crack, cut and peel at the corners just like it does on the swim platform.

Comment

Another vote for Deckadence.

I've had carpet which is a pain, and can get smelly. I've had Gator Step, Hydro Turf, and SeaDek. All have had problems with peeling, or flaking.

I don't have a single complain about Deckadence. Not one.

Comment

Yup. I would put my vote in for Deckadence as well. I am redoing my floor right now. Although after all of the projects I have done and will be doing before she goes in the water in spring, I am poor, so I am going with vinyl loop floor mat, same stuff as Deckadence, just a smidge thinner, but about 1/3 the cost.

Comment

We have been thinking about replacing our carpet as well. Did anyone install Deckadence themselves? If so, did you seam the front section to the main section? Did you leave the carpet in the storage compartments or replace it? Thanks!

Comment

I installed myself. I was able to get a roll form a local supplier and used the snap out carpet as a template. Just cut it with a razor knife took all of 10 minutes. I do not have any seems and it just lays on the floor. My wife added Tige logo to it too with black spray paint for plastic and looks as good as the day she did it. I left the carpet in the storage compartments.

Comment

How are you all getting the carpet removed or do you all have snap in carpet. We had Deckadance in our last 2 boats (we had it made for our G23) and now with our 22Ve, the damn carpet is glued in and it NEEDS to go. Just curious how you are removing the carpet (if you are) and what is underneath (does it need to be coated/sealed)?
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Dandy, It's been done before. I've seen a thread on here as well as this one on WW where the guy did the plasti-deck.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800089

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                        Just curious how you are removing the carpet (if you are) and what is underneath (does it need to be coated/sealed)?
                        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Winter-Project

Tile clad looks great on this project.
                        Last edited by boonecragun; 03-03-2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Deckadence!

Comment

Originally posted by Yojax10 View Post
                            I am going with vinyl loop floor mat, same stuff as Deckadence, just a smidge thinner, but about 1/3 the cost.
                            Where did you get your material?

Comment

I've heard of others using Miners Moss as well. Once again, is a bit thinner than deckadence.

Comment

Working...
                              X