Alpha Z camera mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z camera mount

Anyone have a slick alpha Z camera mount solution?

I couldn't really find anything. I did rig up a gorilla pod that actually is rock solid. Just need to attach a fluid video head between the pod and the camcorder and I'm in business.

Anyone else have a slick camcorder mount? This one is a little ghetto but should work and pan.

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

You need to buy a go pro. The newer go pros have endless mounting options, and fantastic video.

Comment

^^^i have 2 GoPros. They are great for close to the boat but kinda suck for 65-80 feet back. Really, anything that close just use the ol iPhone.

Comment

Curlview and Gopro, best boat video setup around
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

^^for surfing......which I am not doing this year. I'm frankly sick of messing around with ballast, lead, hrs of tweaking, inconsistent waves, etc. just to stand behind the boat and wiggle a little.

This year I'm concentrating on the foil. Which means I need something that tracks the line and has a bit of a zoom.

Comment

I have been working up the idea of making something like this as well. I don't have the Alpha Z. Here are a few ideas I have found. I am hoping to make something similar. FOr the Alpha Z I would imagine you can mount something that clamps on top of where the rope goes?

http://www.wakeye.com/collections/wakeboard
            http://wakeworld.com/news/latestinwa...6-02-2155.html

Comment

Oh and I have the same Sony camera as you! Thing takes great video!!!

Comment

I looked at both of those. The problem is they need a little extra to clamp onto and the alpha Z does not have it. Really, all that is needed is a threaded hole on top of the ball that a video fluid head can bolt into.

Has anyone taken that piece of plastic off the top of the tow point? My guess is that it covers the bolt/nut that holds the tow point to the assembly.

Comment

I agree about the GoPro just being to far away, maybe the Hero6 will add a zoom. Please post how well your camera works. When I was boat boat shopping last summer, I looked at a badass swivel camera mount that moved with the rope on A Mastercraft. I tried to find a mfg name on it but was told it was a MC part.

Comment

Big socket head cap screw goes through it.

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
                    I looked at both of those. The problem is they need a little extra to clamp onto and the alpha Z does not have it. Really, all that is needed is a threaded hole on top of the ball that a video fluid head can bolt into.

Has anyone taken that piece of plastic off the top of the tow point? My guess is that it covers the bolt/nut that holds the tow point to the assembly.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

^^^ how did you get that plastic cap off? I'm hesitant to force anything

Comment

Ok....here is my less ghetto way of attaching the camera. Works pretty well. Just attach the rope to the handle with an elastic band and it tracks great.

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

Comment

I use mine for everything........ Wakeboarding, skiing everything. You just bring the boom over the center of the rear hatch at whatever height best suits the angle you are trying to accomplish.

Not even remotely just a surf only option.
                          Last edited by Germaine Marine; 05-03-2017, 05:07 AM.
                          Germaine Marine
                          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                          X