X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 upgrades

Here is an update and a few questions.

Have the 808s in and look good.
    Box is built. Copied another guys build. Just need to get the front panel carpeted and should be good here. Waiting on carpet.
    The only thing I'm stuck on is the amp panel. What is the best way of mounting it or keeping it in position? My thought was some L brackets on the black backing that split the ballast from the locker but that would just be on the right side. I could use some thick bolts but i didnt know if that black material will hold up.

Last time in the 24v I tried cutting carpet sections out and gluing treated 2x4 on the fiberglass and maybe i just didnt let it dry enough but once the amps were on there, the next day it just fell down. Plus it was a pain in the *** working wires around the 2x4s underneath as well.

Once the sub/amps and panel are done I'll get the eq installed and start the wiring process.

Ill need to add the 3rd battery too. Does anyone know if an interstate group 29 will fit in the starboard side and then a grouo 29 wired parallel on the port side with a group 24 cranking all fit?

After all that Ill start messing with some led rgb lights. Thoughts on these http://www.ebay.com/itm/112098705931 i know they might be a little cheap or I go back to the xkglow ones. They worked good. Or I'll try to tap into the TT and follow the steps like others have done and get an rbg controller and lights separately.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files

There is a glassed in board that the factory mounts the amps directly to. You could mount your over sized amp wall to. If you wanted to create a raceway behind the wall for the cabling, you could mount a couple of vertical standoffs to mount your wall to, allowing for the cabling to run behind the wall and up from under the amps for a clean look.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here are some pics of my build and as Chp said use rubber gromets or such to space the board off the wall in boat like mine is. Be careful to not use to long of screws though. You can feel the board that is glued behind carpet from factory. Mine is using plastic resin for the amp wall and is a lot better choice for it, as water won't affect it like it will that wood backer.

IMG_2464 (1).jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

2 Agm batteries in the starboard side with a plastic resin holder under them to secure.
      IMG_2460 (1).jpg

Comment

I take it those are 29s?

Comment

Few updates. Question...how are most mounting the eq? See picture on how I'd like to have it.

Front panel all done....not the most fun!
          Attached Files

Comment

20170307_210522.jpg
            Attached Files
            Last edited by KyleRass41; 03-08-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Amp rack is done. Put some blue led lights under the amps. Still struggling with how I'm going to mount the eq!

Comment

20170319_192948.jpg

Comment

All done with the eq. Now onto the batteries and hiding wires!

Comment

Install looks good man. Nice job.

Comment

Came out sweet, you can work on my boat anytime!

Comment

Thanks guys! Crazy how much time goes into this. Not counting the stops at the hardware stores!

Comment

Questions about adding batteries.

1. If I add 2 more group 24 batteries on the starboard side, is it possible to just keep the 3 year old group 24 deep cycle that is on the port side or should I sell it and buy 3 new ones? They will all be charged every night anyways so I wouldn't think having that 3yo one would hurt anything.....but I'm probably wrong

2. If I go that route with 3 g24 deep cycle batteries, since I have a minn kota 3 bank charger already, could that do those 3 and then buy a single Bank charger for the cranking?

Comment

In an Ideal world, all batteries wired together as one bank, be of the same age, size and type.

Depends on the charger. Technically, you have one bank, even though its comprised of 3 batteries.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                            X