2017 Audio Option Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Audio Option Breakdown

Jason, Adam or any other dealers or anyone that knows for sure!

How do the 2017 Tige audio options break down? Specifically on a 2017 RZX3 if that matters. Looking to see what would be left off if a boat was built WITHOUT the woofer. What would the audio package be if the option level just below the option with woofer was ordered. Would tower speakers be an a la carte option or are they hinged on a lower option as in years past.

Thanks,

*EDIT* the OEM woofer location on the 2017 RZX3 is still under the captains seat box, right?
    Last edited by chpthril; 02-21-2017, 04:00 PM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Here are the audio options for 2017 for everything above the R-Series models. Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 8.58.23 AM.jpg

Comment

Correct on the woofer location for the RZX3.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

So if im reading this correctly, you get two choices regarding the woofer. A) you get a woofer or B) you order stereo-delete?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The base stereo including the woofer is already built into the base price of the boat. We have never tried to order a 2017 with stereo-delete, so I am not sure that is available or not.

Comment

That was going to be my next question, if the boat was ordered stereo-delete, is the source unit functions still part of the helm system and are the activated or locked like other options like underwater lights, etc and need to be unlocked by dealer.

Comment

In talks with my dealer awhile back he thought that if I were to order an RZX3 that he could get the factory to leave the sub out as I wouldn't want it. It's useless IMO and I build my own systems anyway.

Now as Adam says they charge for base pkg and if it were me I could care less if they charge for it, just don't drill the hole in boat is all as I don't want it!! Send the sub in a box If I have to pay for it and I'll sell on the side.

I was thinking we even mentioned this to Tony at the reunion as I was seriously considering an RZX3 and it sounded like they were willing to work with a person on minor changes like this. But perhaps this has changed or is considered on a build to build basis?

Comment

My rzx2 has the ice in it and im with you on the subwoofer im taking my revo 10 out and doing my own system as well, I was told however when u order it that really the only diffent options that I looked at was the tower setup rev10s or rev8s 2 or 4 speakers but I would of had them leave out the sub for sure had I had the option
                surf till u die.

Comment

You can stereo delete
                  Germaine Marine
                  "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I wish I would have stereo deleted now. I pulled the plate off the syn DX 6 and realized it was DSP. I cannot reconfigure the amp. I was wanting to change channels 5/6 to run a tower speaker . I'm waiting to hear back from Tige, but I know Wetsounds can't reconfigure it. It will completely be up to Tige. Most likely they won't. Do not ever order the stereo from Tige if you ever plan on reconfiguring any of the amps for adding to your stereo. I ordered a syn dx 6, syn dx 2.3 and 4 rev 10's. I needed channels 5/6 for one of the speakers. But it's permanently set to run that 10" Free air sub. Unless they reconfigure it for me,Which I highly doubt. I imagine they do this major inconvenience so people don't blow their speakers then trying to claim warranty

Comment

I have recently ordered a rzx2 and was wondering what sub you guys are using as a replacement? I have a 13" JL w7 in one of my boats and it was amazing lol, not water proof but amazing. I am looking for option that will make it pound.

Comment

@ Chris

PM sent

@ Hartattack

The one benefit of the RZX2 is that the woofer is under the helm, allowing for flexibility for an upgrade.

Option 1 would be to upgrade to the new Revo-12FA. Fairly straight forward as you only need to enlarge the existing woofer opening.

Option 2 whatever you want to do in regards to a woofer in an enclosure. You can go with either the Revo-12HP and match your factory speaker grills or even the XXX 12 or 15.

Comment

I agree, these new DSP amps are a real let down for the end user, great for Tige and Wetsounds. Wish I would have done a stereo delete on my 17. It's going to end up costing another couple of grand to ditch the amps and f/a sub and get properly powered/tunable JL amps and a sub/enclosure....
                          Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

They are not a letdown. They are F'n stupid. If I can't get it retuned I guess I'll have to buy another syn dx 6. Then hopefully someday someone on here will need it and maybe I can recoup a couple bucks.

Comment

Chris and LT,

I am sorry to hear you guys already have a sour taste about the 2017 DSP Tige Wet Sounds System. Seems to be a bit of misunderstanding. These boats is yours, do what you want with amps and speakers. Just like everything else in life, you modify it, dont expect warranty to cover a modified component. Same is true for our cars and trucks that we want tuned for better performance. Roll up into your chevy dealer and ask them to plug a turbo tune into your brand new Durimax and see what they say? Go down the road to the aftermarket shop and I bet you get a different response. The issue seems to be, whom you think is responsible for making said modifications. Tige is not not going to provide a modified custom amp tune to you or your tige dealer for 2 reasons. 1) they are only going to extend the warranty to the system in its OEM configuration. 2) Tige cant and wont do a custom tune anyway. The tunes are actually done by Wet Sounds, and then provided to Tige factory for upload.

My advice is, as given to chris, seek the assistance of your Wet Sounds dealer.

Comment

Working...
                              X