Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE)...any interest in another GROUP buy this month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE)...any interest in another GROUP buy this month?

Hey guys,
    Saw that at end of Oct 2016, freshairexhaust.com, did a group buy for the Tige Owners (arranged on this forum) and gave a discount of $50 off when 5 or more people bought as a group and perhaps if 10 or more buy... can get it at a little better price? So I just bought a new 2016 Z3 and would definitely like to do a FAE system. Want to see how much interest there is out there from people getting ready for summer boating this year that either have bought a new boat since the last opportunity was here or now have the funds to get it done??? Perfect time of year to think ahead!
    The original cost is about, $460 WITHOUT discount, and benefits are no CO levels around boat when moving as it pipes exhaust into the "prop wash" and you get a quieter boat, which improves sound system and has other benefits IMO. From my research, it seems that the FAE does not effect the wave at all and on "Y" systems you provide them with a measurement to ensure that.
    So...please, if you have any interest let me know so I can arrange this. We could use this coming week 02/19 - 02/26/17 to see how many people are interested and based on that will get a commitment from them. Last time, they gave a discount code that you typed in which gave the discount. Please post interest or comment here....and if you are in for sure, please email me so I can make a list. Drew at ERX247 dot com.

They just recently had a winter sale of 75 off the last week or so, not sure if it's still on. I'd double check on that if I were you.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I will call them tomorrow then. I didn't see anything about that on the website, but hopefully it has not ended...that would be sweet!

Comment

Dang it..."winter sale" ended on 02/14. But just makes me think even stronger that at this time of year when they would be slower...if we got 4-5 people together, we could probably negotiate a $75 discount each on a group buy.

EDIT....I saw it on their facebook page. They didnt mention the sale on website that I saw

Comment

I am in, need one for our 2017RZX2, pickup in a month but ain't using it until June so no rush on my end.
          Paul Middlemore

Comment

I missed the winter sale also, count me in.

Comment

I actually just emailed them, I have a few questions about how it installs on a Z3; I've only seen one thread on here (unless I missed some) about installing the single-pipe from the transom on a Z3 with TAPS3.

That said, I'm 90% there, getting the group-buy discount would most likely push me to commitment.

Comment

I would be interested in a FAE group buy!

Comment

Very cool guys, that would put us to 5 right there. I will be in contact with them today to see how much we can all get off (assume $75)...and how they wanna do it (assume they will release a coupon code, for us to enter at online checkout). I will post back here with results.

hcoop...I have seen a bunch of the pics of the single install, seems like it either either has an another attachment back to the stern, or up to the swim step. I like the ones that attach up to swim step as it seems to be the most solid

Comment

I already have mine on the RZ4. But thought I'd just speak to how great they are over at Fresh Air Exhaust. They are right around the corner from me here in Austin. When I ordered, they asked if they could install it on the RZ4 free of charge. Well of course I said yes! If I remember correctly, they hadn't seen a 15 RZ4 with AVX. So they wanted to make sure everything fit correctly. Larry meticulously did the install and made sure everything was perfect. Its been running trouble free ever sense. Larry even let me tour the shop with a free beer in my hand. Great stuff! I recommend them entirely to anyone.
                    BABz - babzusa.com
                    Austin, TX

Comment

Help me understand the FAE, I've asked a few people at my lake and I've gotten mixed feelings about them. I have a '14 RZ2 w/VX, I now use aprox 2800lbs of weight (no longer list the boat as I have both rears filled) and I use the Mission Delta but do notice more fumes.

a) is this what a FAE is for to get rid of the fumes?
                      b) how does it affect the wave with my set-up
                      c) is it easy to install
                      d) what other features/benifits are there with a FAE? And what are the downsides?
                      Last edited by Robmc9; 02-20-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robmc9 View Post
                        a) is this what a FAE is for to get rid of the fumes? It's designed to eliminate Carbon Monoxide, but it helps with noise as well. They explain it very well on their website - http://www.freshairexhaust.com/
                        b) how does it affect the wave with my set-up? Very little to no effect with your set up
                        c) is it easy to install? Depends. I have had 2, one on each of our boats - both times I had a buddy help. I wouldnt recommend going it alone, but that's just me. 3-4 hour job (with beer breaks).
                        d) what other features/benifits are there with a FAE? And what are the downsides? Benefits - see their website as mentioned in a). Downsides - well, some like the sound of a Tige at idle or low speeds. The FAE quiets the "rumble" down a bit.
                        Here's a picture of our install (thanks to Thegerman618's help) just a couple of months ago on a 2014 Z1 with VX
                        FAE3.jpg

Comment

The design directs the fumes into the "prop wash" as you drive and pushes it well behind boat. Since exhaust is also deeper in water, it silences the noise "by 50%" making it much more quiet so that when surfing or boarding behind boat....you are gonna hear stereo better as well as almost zero cabin noise. I surf behinds a friends boat with an FAE and can hear music perfectly....tho on every other boat its not quite as clear since the muffler is pointed right at you. It also definitely makes a difference in the boat. I want one not only for those reasons...but also for any benefits my wife and young daughters may get from having no exhaust or CO present while riding in boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutATX View Post
                            I already have mine on the RZ4. But thought I'd just speak to how great they are over at Fresh Air Exhaust. They are right around the corner from me here in Austin. When I ordered, they asked if they could install it on the RZ4 free of charge. Well of course I said yes! If I remember correctly, they hadn't seen a 15 RZ4 with AVX. So they wanted to make sure everything fit correctly. Larry meticulously did the install and made sure everything was perfect. Its been running trouble free ever sense. Larry even let me tour the shop with a free beer in my hand. Great stuff! I recommend them entirely to anyone.
                            +1! Larry is a great guy, very helpful and willing to do whatever is needed to get your install done the way you want. It's always nice to work with people that stand behind their product!

Comment

No more fumes and it makes talking underway effortless because of the reduced noise. Your stereo will also seem like it's 10x better because of this. Easy to install with basic tools. Best money I've spent on upgrading my boat IMO. Here's mine on my 2007 22VE
                              IMG_8570.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X