Got my new Z3, ready to play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new Z3, ready to play!

Being on the lake boating with my family is my Prozac. Have had boats all my life, but got hooked on wake surfing on a buddies boat this past summer and was determined to get a new surf boat this winter even if I ended up having to sleep in it (since when I told wife how much they cost, that is what I was threatened with). Our compromise was a new 2016 leftover...I have such a smart wife! Pulled the trigger at the boat show in Charlotte, NC this weekend and have now been praying regularly for an early summer to come
    Attached Files

Whoops, put the 2nd picture in the wrong way the last time
    Attached Files

Comment

Great looking boat man! Congrats. As far as the wife is concerned I've always found it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission lol. But I'm sure you would have been happy sleeping in the boat anyways, as they are very comfy.

Comment

Looks good. Congrats on the new boat.

Comment

Thank you. Believe me, I was totally prepared to sleep in the boat! Luckily she enjoys the lake a lot as well and after sitting in it and seeing all it has to offer, she started singing a different tune. Cant wait to get on the water.

Comment

That Z3 is bigtime upgrade from an 18' sea ray I/O. Welcome to inboards. Sweet ride.
            Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

Don't worry. They are very comfy to sleep on

IMG_2807.jpg

Comment

See you out on Norman soon! We were about to buy that Z3 at the show on Friday, but decided to use our 21i for one more year.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!

Originally posted by Badfish67 View Post
                  See you out on Norman soon! We were about to buy that Z3 at the show on Friday, but decided to use our 21i for one more year.
                  Speaking of Lake Norman, how is that lake/area? My parents are getting ready to move to the Charlotte area and I was looking at where I can take the boat when I go visit.

Comment

Lake Norman is great. Weekends in the summer are busy times on the lake, but weekdays are great. Some good restaurants and bars on the lake. There are lots of public boat launch sites all around the lake too.

Comment

Congrats! Our new Z3 was just delivered, saw for the first time yesterday, I'm with you, EARLY SUMMER....

Comment

^^^summer starts Saturday in Pueblo. Gonna be 68. Perfect place to be while the rest of the state is skiing for Presidents' Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Yojax10 View Post
                          Congrats on the purchase!

Speaking of Lake Norman, how is that lake/area? My parents are getting ready to move to the Charlotte area and I was looking at where I can take the boat when I go visit.
                          We've got 3 lakes within 45 minutes of Charlotte. In addition to Norman to the north, the wave Wylie to the south and Mtn Island north of Charlotte but south of Norman, An hour or so south east is Lake Wateree and to the north west is lake Hickory and a little further north east is the headwaters lake for them all, James.

Wylie is not nearly as busy as Norman, not as big but some great spots to ride and anchor. Only one place to eat right now though. But lots of ramps and they are all public and free.
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Badfish...Glad I beat you to that Z3...but if you are feeling any remorse, he does have another 2016 Z3 left in the Anniversary colors that he left at his shop. Same exact options, think the price was $800 more for some reason. I would have been happy with boat, but admit I love that green...it pops! Can beat the leftover 2016 pricing...best time of the year to buy. Not that I am trying to push you into anything....its hard to take on a big loan when you have a boat already paid for sitting in the garage.
                            Yea, all the lakes are pretty decent in this area and stay fairly clean unless its raining a lot. Lake Norman is the largest by far. South side is where the bigger boats hang for most part since wide open and deep...but also a lot choppier cause of that. Lots of coves and inlets tho that you can find calmer water to surf or chill. Middle area, around the 150 bridge is great and had some good restaurants too. I have also been on Lake Wylie and Lake Hickory.....Hickory is quite a bit smaller, Wylie is pretty nice and a decent place but 95% of the time, I am around Lake Norman area. I like to trailer...I wont dry dock cause they don't give 2 craps about your boat and I don't like people handling my boats....leaving it in the water for too long is too hard on the boat in my opinion, so I just prefer to trailer so I can clean each time and can go where ever i want.

Comment

Love the color!!

Comment

Working...
                              X