Tige R20 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige R20 Draft

I am looking to buy a used Shorestation Vertical 5000# lift with 120" beam with 26' canopy for $4200. Is this a good deal? Also, I'm not sure if it will work in my lake with the shallower shorelines... I measured marks on my dock and it seems where I'd be placing it would be about 24-30" in the front and 42-48" in the back (10' span). Not sure if the draft will clear on the lift? I have attached a picture of the lift.
    Attached Files

You are going to need taller legs for the bunks. The lift dealer will have what you need. When I set mine up I used the trailer as a guide. I measured for the lowest point the running gear had to clear then to the top of the bunk. I then set my lift bunks at the same height. I want to say it was either 20 or 24 inches .

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
      You are going to need taller legs for the bunks. The lift dealer will have what you need. When I set mine up I used the trailer as a guide. I measured for the lowest point the running gear had to clear then to the top of the bunk. I then set my lift bunks at the same height. I want to say it was either 20 or 24 inches .
      Thanks boardman74 for all your help with my questions. But I believe it does have the taller legs. It was set up for a malibu wakesetter and I have attached a picture with the legs extended. I'm just not sure if it'll clear with the low water?
      Attached Files

Comment

I was in about the same depth as you except that shallow in the back also. If 30" is you minimum you will be ok. Anything less and its going to be tight.

Looking at the second picture those bunks look perfect. Most of these boats use the same running gear so you will be within a inch or 2 of the Malibu. I'd start there and put it on and off by hand the first few times and check your clearance.

Shorestations are a nice heavy duty lift.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
          I was in about the same depth as you except that shallow in the back also. If 30" is you minimum you will be ok. Anything less and its going to be tight.

Looking at the second picture those bunks look perfect. Most of these boats use the same running gear so you will be within a inch or 2 of the Malibu. I'd start there and put it on and off by hand the first few times and check your clearance.

Shorestations are a nice heavy duty lift.
          Thanks man! Now to figure out how to ship it from Minnesota to Ohio lol! Any Ideas? I was told shorestations have alot more welds rather than bolts and they are harder to break down. Also, I heard that as long as you break down the canopy and turn the lift on its side (opposite side of winch) it will fit in a trailer without having to get a permit. I posted it on UShip but if it ends up being to much I may just drive to get it which I have access to a truck with a crane on it which should help with loading and unloading.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not at all familiar with these style lifts. There are none like these on my lake.. Obviously the canopy raises too right? How? I'm not seeing any telescoping sections in either these posts or your other thread about these style lifts...

Comment

IMG_3120.JPG
              Originally posted by Bryan View Post
              Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not at all familiar with these style lifts. There are none like these on my lake.. Obviously the canopy raises too right? How? I'm not seeing any telescoping sections in either these posts or your other thread about these style lifts...
              There are essentially guides on each one of the poles and the cables lift the boat vertical. Shorestation is a very popular boat lift.

Comment

Sorry but I have to say, it may be worth it to buy a lift that is closer to home. Minnesota to Ohio is a long way to haul something like that. I would think fuel savings alone might be worth it.

Comment

Where you located in Ohio?

Comment

I ended up finding one about 45 minutes away. Went and loaded it up and the guy is putting new bunks guides on it and is replacing the cable and pulleys and a new motor for $4500! It is a Hewitt 5600lb Vertical with a 26' Canopy with an electric motor!IMG_3139.jpgIMG_3141.jpgIMG_3137.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X