Sea strainer flush kit = standard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea strainer flush kit = standard??

Hey...looking through the standard options on the Z3. It says that the Sea Strainer Flush kit is standard. Is this true? If so...where is it?

Yes, I just bought a new, leftover model, 2016 Z3 on Saturday at the Charlotte, NC boat show. Dealer showed me that if you lift up the hinged floor near stern (by back center seat) that exposes the underneath of floor where the gas tank, pumps, etc are located...you will see a clear glass tube with the sea strainer...and right next to it, is where the hose fitting is to the "flush kit", which is your "fake a lake". Its just a small black and blue colored plastic fitting. Freakin awesome option to have!

Comment

TigeFamily is correct, I looked at it in the showroom, will take some pics when I get ours in. They've put some effort into making the boat more user friendly for use -- there's even a kickstand to hold up the floor. So much better than having to unbolt the cushions and seat.

I'm just hoping that previous Sea Strainer issues have been fixed and it's a good reliable piece -- I'm sure Tige has done some decent quality control on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
        Yes, I just bought a new, leftover model, 2016 Z3 on Saturday at the Charlotte, NC boat show. Dealer showed me that if you lift up the hinged floor near stern (by back center seat) that exposes the underneath of floor where the gas tank, pumps, etc are located...you will see a clear glass tube with the sea strainer...and right next to it, is where the hose fitting is to the "flush kit", which is your "fake a lake". Its just a small black and blue colored plastic fitting. Freakin awesome option to have!
        Congrats and welcome to the Tige family! Was it the Z3 they had at the show? green/white one?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

2015 is the only year I am aware of that the Raptor's did not come with strainers.

Comment

Yes, it was the green and white one they had at show from North Point Watersports (Dave, the owner of dealer seems very nice and service oriented which is a big plus). Initially was looking at an R21 thinking to save some $, while they are also beautiful and I am sure it would also be an incredible boat, I just could not get over the plain looking drivers console and decided it was worth the extra money to get a boat I can be totally happy with for next 5yrs, especially since I have 3 teenage kids and wife that love being on the lake as much as I do and I feel like I got a pretty good deal as well. Looking forward to another awesome summer...hell, the weather we have had recently seems like summer, but sure that will change again. Have had boats most of my life, but never one quite as incredible as this, the fit and finish of the Tige made me refuse to settle for another brand and their warranty is unbeatable, especially with the 7 year, 6.2 Raptor engine and powertrain warranty extension given by manufacture by buying at the show. Had a friend introduce me into wake surfing this past summer and was hooked. Decided I had to have one for myself and am sure we will not regret it. Spent last couple days reading posts on this forum, very cool. Nice to have so much great advice at your fingertips if anything were to go wrong. I am OCD about maintenance and the details, have already learned a lot just from reading random posts.

Comment

I was right across the isle from their booth, specifically the pontoons, so spent the show looking at the Tiges
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

booo....my 2016 did not come with one. It was an early build though.

I also am not enamored with the plain Jane console of the r series. It would bug me to no end.

Comment

Here is a picture of the "Flush kit" located on the sea strainer you were asking about. The blue/black plastic fitting
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mine is totally different. I also don't have those fancy things on the fuel lines

Comment

Working...
                    X