Looking at 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at 22v

I am interested in buying a Tige 22v between the years of 02-08. Is there any changes in the hull that I need to be aware of between those years? My main interest is surfing and some wakeboarding. Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 06 tige released the Ve hull and the 06 year was the last year the V hull was produced. very minor differences between the V and Ve. The biggest difference was between the decks of the V and Ve.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

most will tell you to find an '09.
      same hull, no tigetouch and has alpha z.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

What do you guys know about the surf wake of an 05 22v any known issues with that years hull? Is the difference between the v and the Ve?only thing I can tell is the walk thru which seems like a negative in my opinion as there is less room for ballast.

Comment

Both the V and Ve hulls produce a phenomenal wave. Very similar size and shape and setup. The walk through transom on the Ve does not impede ballast. The height and length of the main section of our custom Ve surf sac is the same port and STBD.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Awesome thanks that's great to know!

Comment

I have an 03 22v and love it. IMG_2506.jpg

Comment

We just traded an '03 22v in for a new Z3. It was honestly a tough call; in the end, we just wanted a bit more size and all the modern bells and whistles.

It was a great boat for us -- plenty of power even at altitude, and a great wave. We did the surf flap and a suck-gate, and with about 8-900lbs in the surf side, we had plenty of push. We were actually able to surf in a MN lake last year that was only 8ft at the deepest; the wave wasn't the tallest, but still plenty of push.

It was our first inboard boat after having IO's for few years. We bought it rough knowing that I would have some lessons to learn with driving. Thankfully, after only one scratch coming up to an un-padded dock at night, I'm comfortable with driving a brand new boat now.

The last surprising benefit we had from the 22v -- it held its value really well. Even though we bought it rough and traded it in just a bit rougher, trade-in was equal to what we owed, so no negative equity after a couple of years of use. That's a win in my book.

Comment

Great pic I'm about to pull the trigger on an 05 22v and am super excited to experience the much talked about surf wake of it! Love to hear they hold their value!

Comment

I was in the same situation last year and pulled the trigger on the 2006 22v. That was a great decision and I am very happy with the boat and am enjoying building the wave to my taste. The trailer has cost me more in maintenance than the boat.

Comment

Working...
                    X