Shoremaster 36108 Boat Lift and Tige R20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoremaster 36108 Boat Lift and Tige R20

I purchased 2015 Tige R20 at the end of the season last year and I have a boat lift on my property that is a shoremaster 36108. I know it supports up to 3600lbs so weight is not an issue... but my concern is that there won't be enough clearance with the current cradle setup. Should I get bunks and replace the cradles? Or do you think it'll fit on the lift with enough clearance? I have attached a picture of the lift and the boat. I just want to get this all figured out before boating season begins.

Thanks,
    Dustyn

FullSizeRender(65).jpgIMG_2680.JPG

So you have the boat but have not put it on the lift yet? I was expecting the lift to have bunks to fully support the boat hull. The picture makes it look like all the boat weight is on the center hull. Can you clarify?
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
      So you have the boat but have not put it on the lift yet? I was expecting the lift to have bunks to fully support the boat hull. The picture makes it look like all the boat weight is on the center hull. Can you clarify?
      I bought the boat at the end of the season last year so I never have put it on the lift. The lift came with the house when I bought it. The previous owner of the house had a different boat that he used the lift for. Just trying to see if anyone has used cradles instead of bunks with the R20 or if anyone has any ideas if it'd work.

Comment

3600 lb lift is not enough for an R20. That boat weighs more than that. You can't go off the published dry weight. The boat will weigh somewhere in the 4000-4200 lb range in lake form full of fuel.
        Last edited by boardman74; 02-08-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
          3600 lb lift is not enough for an R20. That boat weighs more than that. You can't go off the published dry weight. The boat will weigh somewhere in the 4000-4200 lb range in lake form full of fuel.
          Dry weight is 3075lbs+ full tank of fuel (235lbs)= 3309. I'm not going to be having anyone in the boat when I'm lifting it. Not to mention these lifts are always rated with a little bit of a margin

Comment

Trust me I have weighed an RZR. I owned two, used to work where you probably bought your boat. If you don't believe me go weigh it. The published dry weights are way light. You boat will weigh over 5000 lbs on the tandem. The trailer weighs about a 1000.

If you want to put a 4000 lb boat an a 3600 lbs lift and be OK with it thats all you. I'm just telling you that the boat weighs way more than the published weight. Look around on here theres plenty of threads about it.

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...for-a-2011-RZR

Comment

I bought my 14 RZR last November, it came with a 5,800 lb single axle trailer. I was concerned about my 3,600 lb lift also, I had the entire package wieghed. It tipped the scales at 5,200 lbs including trailer. Boat mate says the trailer weighs about 1100 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
                  I bought my 14 RZR last November, it came with a 5,800 lb single axle trailer. I was concerned about my 3,600 lb lift also, I had the entire package wieghed. It tipped the scales at 5,200 lbs including trailer. Boat mate says the trailer weighs about 1100 lbs.
                  So did you get a new lift? Also, can I just add thicker cable to accommodate for the extra weight?

Comment

If your lift was a vertical you could add a heavier winch and cable depending on brand.

But they don't recommend doing that with cantilever like the one you have. That particular lift is over tasked at 3600 lbs. With a 3000 lb boat on there you can't hardly turn the crank when its at the bottom (furthest out and away) part of the lift. Your 36108 is a popular lift in the area you won't have any issue selling or trading it.

I went to a 5000 lb Walks on Water brand which is made in Big Lake. They are a good lift and reasonably priced. Heinens was/ is a dealer for them so should get you a great deal on one.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about dealers in the area. I went thru all this when I bought my first RZR. I bought off the listed dry weight and was not happy when I found out the real weight was almost a 1000 lbs more. I had to buy a new lift and a new tow vehicle.

Comment

My wife insisted hat any new boat fit our lift, and because the website and brochure said 3100 lb, I asured her it would. Hence my biggest problem. Our other boat is a 20' open bow with a 5.0 I/O, I am going to weigh it and find out what it weighs. It also said 3100lb. I figure the rating is with the legs fully extended and lifted all the way up. I am going to put it in as shallow water as possible, and lift it only enough to be out of the water. I used it for two years with the old boat with no problems, so what it actually weighs will help make my decision. Btw, I see the new specs list 3800 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
                        My wife insisted hat any new boat fit our lift, and because the website and brochure said 3100 lb, I asured her it would. Hence my biggest problem. Our other boat is a 20' open bow with a 5.0 I/O, I am going to weigh it and find out what it weighs. It also said 3100lb. I figure the rating is with the legs fully extended and lifted all the way up. I am going to put it in as shallow water as possible, and lift it only enough to be out of the water. I used it for two years with the old boat with no problems, so what it actually weighs will help make my decision. Btw, I see the new specs list 3800 lb.
                        What do you mean new specs list at 3800lbs? The Tige R20? Dry weight?

Comment

Yep...

Specifications
                          Length: 20' (6.1m)
                          Boat Beam: 94" (239cm)
                          Weight: 3800lbs (1724kg)
                          Fuel Capacity: 38gal (144l)
                          Hull: ConvexV
                          Seating: 12
                          Color Options: Infinite
                          Draft: 29" (74cm)
                          Storage: 61.69ft³ (1.75m³)

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                            Yep...

Specifications
                            Length: 20' (6.1m)
                            Boat Beam: 94" (239cm)
                            Weight: 3800lbs (1724kg)
                            Fuel Capacity: 38gal (144l)
                            Hull: ConvexV
                            Seating: 12
                            Color Options: Infinite
                            Draft: 29" (74cm)
                            Storage: 61.69ft³ (1.75m³)
                            I ended up finding one about 45 minutes away. Went and loaded it up and the guy is putting new bunks guides on it and is replacing the cable and pulleys and a new motor for $4500! It is a Hewitt 5600lb Vertical with a 26' Canopy with an electric motor!IMG_3139.jpgIMG_3141.jpgIMG_3137.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X