Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any knowledge about this Tige 4sale in Texas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any knowledge about this Tige 4sale in Texas??

I've noticed this thing for sale on eBay for quite a while. It's at a used car dealership and they appear to be an EPIC Boats dealer also. A friend of mine called about it and supposedly they took it on trade and all is well but they don't know how many hours are on it because the guage reads "0".. The price seems to me to be pretty low for an '06 24' v-drive. Anybody on here know any history on this thing? I figure the color combo is pretty memorable, so maybe somebody would remember if it graced the forums here as a lemon or something...

http://www.texascars.net/web/used/Ti...Texas/1874475/

I have seen this boat, I cant remember where but I have seen this boat on the internet. I called on it a long while back, its a super early 06 model, believe from when I ran the HIN it was actually made in June 05'. Its a steel at that price if it all checks out, I don't recall if the title was clean or not might be worth the $10 to run the HIN again just to verify, if your a potential purchaser.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Looks to be in decent shape. That gauge is known to reset to zero. You can hook the engine up to diacom to get the actual hours. Call some of your ski boat service people in the area and see if they have the adaptor plug for their diacom for the mefi 4 version of the marine power ecm.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I thought it looked pretty clean too when I ran across it. We're about 8 hours from Dallas but I told my buddy if I didn't have a boat, or if he wanted to buy my boat, I'd be making the drive to look this thing over..

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
          I called on it a long while back, its a super early 06 model, believe from when I ran the HIN it was actually made in June 05'.
          If it's a 2006, the fact that it has PerfectPass instead of SpeedSet would place it very early in the '06 production, I think. And based on other threads in the forum, PerfectPass is a good thing.

Comment

Hopefully someone from Texas can correct me but that place reminds me a LOT of the Texas Auto Liquidators which just read this thread (it's crazy entertaining either way)...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...highlight=epic

If they have ANY relation to Texas Auto Liquidators I would run, not walk away from that boat....

Comment

That is indeed where it is...Texas Auto Liquidators. Thats a super fun thread on WW.

Do a search of them on the net and you will probably look elsewhere. Theres a lot more than just that thread.

Comment

Wow, that wakeworld thread is rough. Exactly the warning I was looking for Burnmac42.. thank you. If you google Texas auto liquidators it takes you directly to Texascars.net, the page selling this boat... I'm assuming after reading through that wakeworld thread, they've changed their name running from troubles..

Comment

just clicked on some of their rides. man are they buying some high mileage cars.
                  I bet it's a pretty high pressure sales experience there.
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Is it me or does it look as though the amps are missing from that boat. Lots of cabling that looks to be hanging.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ya, I noticed the tower speakers wires hanging too..

Comment

I wish I wouldn't have missed that thread on wakeworld a couple years ago. Just spent an hour reading all of it. I definitely did not see the guy being a shady airbag salesman coming lol. That was pure Internet forum gold.

Comment

I remember that WW thread left me hanging, it went on forever and we never found out how the story ended. Lame.

Defiantly didn't help the reputation of Texas Auto Liquidators.
                          Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

Originally posted by LTWellman View Post
                            I remember that WW thread left me hanging, it went on forever and we never found out how the story ended. Lame.

Defiantly didn't help the reputation of Texas Auto Liquidators.
                            My guess is the attorney's finally got involved and recommended both clients (EPIC CEO and the buyer) shut their mouth on the internet....

Comment

MP engine and Perfect Pass. I would make sure it works before I bought it. Maybe being one of the first 06 produced, they still played well together. The problem was when Tige cruise got involved.

I think that is a good deal if it is clean.
                              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X