Sun Deck Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Deck Mods?

The vinyl on my entire sun deck of my 2005 22v is done. In considering a replacement I was considering making a walk-through section using seadek (or similar products) or even considering covering the whole thing in seadek type material.

Has anybody retrofitted their fully vinyled sun deck with a walk-through? If so did you put the walk-through in the center or off to the side like the Ve's?

If I used seadek (or similar) on the whole sun deck a) is it slicker than vinyl when wet? Would it negatively affect resale?

Lastly - for those of you that have them, do walk-throughs even get used?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sub'd. I looking for options on my 22V as well. Lee's planks look pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been thinking about doing the same thing on my 2004 22v. Even ordered a bunch of samples last year from several companies. I just haven't had the guts to go forward without seeing some type of example first. I would love to get rid of the vinyl back there.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
          I am following as my 05 22v needs help.

Lee- what year and if you added that center can you post more pics showing material used, how supported and steps for removing, etc.

Thanks

Comment

It is a friends 22v and he bought it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              Is be worried with nothing under the teak that you are constantly putting water on top of a cast intake. That would be fine with some sort of corrosion resistant baffle under it.

The engines all should have had a plastic cover to prevent ponding.

Comment

There is something under the teak, only the vinyl and foam were cut and removed.

Comment

Sun Deck Mods?

I ended up just going with a full vinyl replacement. I may change my mind in the future but for now it's the best option for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X