Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go pro on the tower....anyone have a write up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go pro on the tower....anyone have a write up?

Anybody put a GoPro up on the tower and linked it to Tige touch? Looking to do this over the next couple of months.

We tried this on our tower and it didn't work. We always have two surf boards up there and they were always in the shot. The Bimini was even worse. We ended up mounting half way up the verticals of the tower and really like it there. As for the screen, I think that was just covered in another thread.

Comment

I plan on it this spring. I'll post what I figure out.

Comment

Posting because this is on our to-do list as well when our new boat gets here. Everything I've read has it pretty straightforward, was thinking we'll need a remote if it's up in the air and hard to get to. Probably won't mount too close to the center; don't want the rope knocking it. Also not sure about bimini interference with the E2 tower, so I'll post up how it goes in relation to that

Comment

You can put the app on iPhones and iPads and have complete remote control of the camera.

Comment

An option to consider is to mount the GoPro on an extension with a swivel to the wake platform grab handle. It makes for interesting angle of video/picture as it gets the camera closer to the rider and the water and allows for water level up or sun deck level shots. All the parts you need are available from GoPro, best to have a remote control. This worked out really well for me last season.

Comment

I am using a suction cap mount and put it on a hull close to the swim platform. It is working very well for wakesurfing, however for the wakeboarding none of the action camera working, unless you replace the wide angle lenses with some aftermarket zoom lenses, but after that, you need camera to follow the rider. I am thinking about making a custom gimbal that would stabilize video and follow the rider as well.

Comment

Is there an aftermarket zoom available? That is a big problem with wakeboarding, the shot is just to far away, even on the narrowest setting. I have been thinking about some other type of camera with a zoom on the tower, but would prefer to stick with my GoPro.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
                  Is there an aftermarket zoom available? That is a big problem with wakeboarding, the shot is just to far away, even on the narrowest setting. I have been thinking about some other type of camera with a zoom on the tower, but would prefer to stick with my GoPro.
                  Here is one of the places with quality lenses. Beware that with those lenses it will not fit in the waterproof case.
                  https://www.peauproductions.com/collections/lenses

Comment

There is a whole thread on it here:
                    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...pro+tige+touch

You will find that the tower is too far away given the wide angle lens of the GoPro. You are better off mounting it on the transom somewhere. I mounted mine on the back side corner of the boat.

My recommendation is to actually scratch this whole thing. Get a USB power line to the camera, and then use the wifi feature to run it to a phone or a tablet mounted up by the driver. This will keep your TT for it's duties and still give you a live video feed of a camera that never dies.
                    Last edited by JohnnieMo; 01-30-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Curlview/Go pro/Ipad

Its the perfect setup for wakeboarding/surfing.
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                      X