Need opinions - thinking of selling my 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions - thinking of selling my 24V

Looking for some opinions or guidance from you all here. I had back surgery last year and didn't get my boat out 1 time, not looking any better for this upcoming year. So my question is, do you all think I can sell my boat for what I owe on it. Currently just under $33K on my 2006 24V. Wouldn't want to have to pay to sell it if possible. Not sure on current hours, but I'm fairly certain its at or under 400. It has the rival ballast system in in, 2 front sacs (200lbs I think), and then we put a port side custom 1800lb sac in it for surfing. Currently no sac on the starboard side. Has gps perfect pass, usual stereo and subwoofer, nothing extraordinary, but sounds good on the water. I started to take the covering off the swim deck because it started cracking and turning our feet black, but didn't finish it (hence the back surgery), so I would most likely finish that up. Otherwise, the rest of the boat is awesome, all seats were recovered a couple of years ago just before I bought it from a dealer in Utah. I guess what I am asking, from you all with experience and knowledge of the current market is, do you all think I could sell mine for $33K or close too?

I'm sure I will forget some stuff, but the boat came with a heater, a hot water shower, the ballast system, perfectpass stargazer has been added, and of course a dual axle trailer. Boat is located in Colorado.

10413408_10200814572522587_5474068674880788869_n.jpg11266391_10200735593148152_4553003526453086592_n.jpgDSCF6339.jpgDSCF6340.jpgDSCF6341.jpg
    Last edited by masongardner; 12-31-2016, 05:01 PM.

What motor and prop?

Comment

I think 33K is close, but probably not there. I expect you will make a few more payments on it before spring, which will help get you there. I would list it for 34 and be willing to take 31-32.

Sorry to hear about the back and hope it heals up quick.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Looking on OIB I think you are close like Talltigeguy said.

I'd list at 34-35 and stay pretty close to that(to start) considering boat shows are starting quickly. Starting at boat show time till about May is the best time of the year to sell. People go look at new and get sticker shock(don't we all) and start looking for used. I'd have it listed by the end of January.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
          Looking on OIB I think you are close like Talltigeguy said.

I'd list at 34-35 and stay pretty close to that(to start) considering boat shows are starting quickly. Starting at boat show time till about May is the best time of the year to sell. People go look at new and get sticker shock(don't we all) and start looking for used. I'd have it listed by the end of January.

Was wondering the same thing about my 2008 RZ4 with aluminum trailer?? 600hrs

Comment

To give you some perspective, I payed 40k for mine 2 years ago (06 24ve) it was super clean and only had 200 hours on it. So yes I would say lower end of 30's your in the ballpark. Someone bitten by the surfing bug in the spring will scoop that up for what your asking.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Thats a 35-38k boat all day long here.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

In your listing you should mention your Samson Razor Tower. It is a major plus verses the stock e-series tower of that era. It is easier to raise and lower than the old Tige e-series. Your tower has speaker mount points welded on and 110 watt rear lighting from Samson.Mid thirties are definitely doable for the ride.

Comment

I have some guidance for you. Give me back my deposit since I'm not buying the boat! I think its fair that I told you in less than 24 hours if I was for sure or not going to buy it. When you said there were other people that wanted to see it I said go ahead because I was having second thoughts. Now you need to simply paypal me the money back and be a decent person. I was interested until you told me the motor had 356 hours and that you confirmed it through Tige. Then I call Tige and said oh ya he just left and the boat has over 600 hours on it. You still have a chance to send me the money back and be a half decent human being.

Comment

This sounds interesting??? If you need to verify hours thats simple. Either get the dealer to print the diacom sheet or both meet there with the boat...simple.

Someone want to share with the class?

Comment

Can you send a deposit while having second thoughts? At least that's how I read that.

Now if the hours were misrepresented that's a whole other story, But I take it you were having second thoughts before you knew the actual hours.

Pass the popcorn, please.

Comment

I gave a deposit and said if it doesn't go through then I get the deposit back if it does we can take that price off the top. Then I became nervous after looking at pictures because the hours gauge looked newer then the rest. I asked him to confirm hours and he said I just left Tige and they said 356 hours. I called Tige and said did you just check hours on the yellow 24v 2005 and they said yes it has over 600 hours. Then I asked for the deposit back because I don't want to buy from someone that is lying. I put the deposit down with the intention of buying the boat but discovered too many things that made me worried and asked for the deposit back. Now he has disappeared. Should I have given the deposit and not expected to get it back even if the sale didn't happen? Are deposits usually non refundable?
                        Last edited by logangogarty; 03-15-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Is this the same boat that was on KSL last week for 25k? Deposits may not be refundable. If I were selling a boat and spent a lot of time such as lake testing, taking to dealer, taking time off of work to do so, etc. I would probably be apt to do a partial refund if the buyer backed out.

How much did you put down?
                          Last edited by parkcityxj; 03-15-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Thats what I offered him. We didn't do a lake test I drove to his city and just looked at it for like 15 minutes and asked some questions. Once all of the above happened I said just keep twenty for taking the time to show me the boat and give the rest of the deposit back. If we did a lake test and he had to winterize again then I would have been happy to have him keep the whole deposit. Its not the one on KSL.

Comment

That sucks, I would have refunded the entire amount. Hope you get it resolved.

Definitely get a print out of hours on any potential boat. The boat I bought a few weeks ago was 300 hours off from what the hour meter stated. I'm pretty positive the owner didn't lie about it though and I know hour meters can be notorious for being off.

This is the one was that listed http://www.onlyinboards.com/2004-Tig...tah-63745.aspx
                              Last edited by parkcityxj; 03-15-2017, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X