Lake Hefner OKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Hefner OKC

Anybody close to this lake? I might be in a position to move to OKC in the near future and was wondering where is a good place to let the Tige roam.

thx!
    2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
    Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

pm member ChrisBarnes05-12-84 he is north of that area and boats nearby that lake. Perhaps he will chime in if he see your post.

Comment

I sailed a catamaran on Lake Hefner when I lived there from 2003-2009. I do not believe anything has changed since I left, they do not allow any towing or watercraft smaller than 12 ft (basically no PWC) it is one of the best sailing lakes in the country and they want to keep it that way. The closest place to OKC to use your Tige for anything besides cruising around is Lake Thunderbird (also known as dirtybird due the the red dirt/clay staining the water).

Comment

You would think on a "no wind" day where I assume Sailing isn't good they wouldn't mind some wakeboarding.
        2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
        Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

That's the thing about OKC, not really days without wind. Just days with too much wind, then the kite boarders are oit and the water is too choppy for towboat sports ...

Comment

Best bet is Thunderbird.

Comment

I personally like Arcadia the best as for a lake near OKC. Thunderbird is 2nd. Stanley Draper comes in at a distant 3rd. Hefner doesn't allow boats with engines as dj2 already stated. Canton lake is an hour and 15 minutes north of okc and is a great place for surfing as the dam is long and blocks all the south wind. That's where my Tige roams. If you make it a couple hours east of okc there is a plethora of big beautiful lakes at your disposal. Tenkiller comes to mind. So basically you won't run out of places for your Tige to roam .

Comment

Working...
              X