Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Boy Comp Vests--anyone have a strong recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Boy Comp Vests--anyone have a strong recommendation?

6'3" and 230#. But want the freedom of a comp vest that will hold me up in a -decent- manner.

Any thoughts?
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

You will sink - Comp vest will not hold you up

Comment

Ya, no comp vest really does anything. You might as well just go without a life jacket at that point. I finally have retired mine. I won't let anyone wear one wakeboarding and this year I wouldn't even let anyone wear one surfing. If you are in the water and completely exhale you go under water really fast which pretty much equals death if you ever got knocked out. Now, at the same time I definitely think you would be hard pressed to knock yourself out surfing but I am no longer taking the chance and won't let anyone else either. I'm 6' 225lbs. They ain't made for us.

Comment

Excellent sharing--what I was wondering exactly.

Anyone have a fave longer and less bulky CGA jacket recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm 6'2 and 230. I have a jetpilot comp vest that is wearing out and I need to find a replacement. I've put on a little in the middle and let's just say its cut for guys with flat stomachs.

I'm sure it depends on the person and the vest, but I don't agree with the above. The comp vests I have used do give some flotation, but not as much as a USCGA vest. I am comfortable wearing one to surf. That said CGA are CGA for a reason, and safety first when in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post

Not that these 2 don't look completely dead sexy!

Comment

In the end, I want a low bulk plenty long CGA vest. One guy on MB suggested a Ronix vest--

Any other hot items?

Comment

liquid force makes nice stuff, my oneil vests fell apart

Comment

I ordered a Ronix Capella off Ebay for $110. Saw a few pics of some guys that have one who are tall and big--it looks long and nice. Claims to have a round shape that fits torso better.

Wintertime is funny, just shopping and getting summer stuff. I miss summer!

Comment

I've eyeballed that capella also... let me know what you think when you get it. I've also looked at their covert line a little bit.

Comment

I'm 6'6" and 240. Picked up a Liquid Force Flex Comp Wakeboard Vest from Overtons
                        http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...s.cgi?i=933025
                        I liked the front zipper and the XL size, while snug, fits.

Comment

+1 for the Ronix Capella. I have one from a few years ago and and I love it (plus its red and black to match my boat!). I am 6'2" and a little over 200#'s. The sizes run small though. I have an XL and it fits snug. It is USCG approved but I am still very mobile and flexible in it. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                            I've eyeballed that capella also... let me know what you think when you get it. I've also looked at their covert line a little bit.
                            Love it, it fits very snug which is OK with me. I don't have much of a belly but am heavy through the shoulders, and it works great. I think I will love it!

Comment

Working...
                            X