Bow Seat Cushion Assembly Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Seat Cushion Assembly Removal

Ok, I believe in keeping the boat (upholstery) clean of mildew and stains especially after a great summer season. Often passengers track in lake water, driver sometimes takes on water from a roller, passenger sun tan lotion and road grit that often finds its way under the "bow seat cushion upholstery". Now most of this assembly is a huge upholstery board. So my question is, how do you properly remove to clean the upholstery from mold and mildew without damaging or cracking the upholstery board? I know this assembly is installed very snug from Tige.

Does anyone have any experience other than what I struggle to do?
    Removal:
    #1. Remove small cushion.
    #2. Lift and hold up cooler cushion and #3 windscreen/cushion in up direction
    #4 Have a helper open side compartment storage door for clearance
    #5 Have a helper gently pull up on upholstery leading edge corner, working your way forward, lifting gently to clear past the side of the deck wall, once free lift out of the boat.

Install: Follow steps in reverse order.

Slide1.jpg
    Last edited by NHarp1; 06-29-2017, 04:14 PM.
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

scared the crap out of me when we did it on my boat. glad I had somebody show me how they already did it on their boat first!

Comment

Wait....so your telling me there is IKEA style fiber board in the bow of my boat? I'm having a hard time believing that

Comment

Did somebody say IKEA? I...I...I need to sit down.

Comment

Its either PVC or HDPE material for the upholstery. No Ikea style parts in the boat lol!
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Wait, what? I didn't even know those cushions would come out.

Comment

X2 ^ - Good to know NHarp1. Can't wait to get mine out and clean them now. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know if this can be done on a r20 without the cooler? It would be nice to clean them. I take the one in the front out. cushin #1 all the time, just not sure about the others

Comment

Working...
                X