2016 Z3 FAE install issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Z3 FAE install issues

I made it halfway through installing the FAE then ran into an issue. I can't get the screws out that are holding the Taps plate (see picture). They seem to have a nut on the screw, but I can see it. Has anyone else come across this problem when installing their FAE? The instructions don't mention anything about a nut.

IMG_4929.jpg

Mine had screws so I can't be any help there but I will tell you to keep an eye on it every time you take it out of the water. Use lots of silicone. Mine kept coming loose and I actually lost it in the lake.

Comment

No nuts. They are indeed screws that screw into the transom.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So here was the challenge. The top screw was a long machine threaded screw while the bottom two were sheet metal screws. I ended up getting it all sorted, but anyone know the point of the machine threaded screw?

IMG_0381.jpgIMG_5036.jpgIMG_8802.jpg

Comment

so did those machine screws have nuts or were they juts threaded into the fiber glass?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

From what I can tell it was just threaded. I pretty much dug through the entire back of the boat to see what was going on, but couldn't figure anything out. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense because the screw seemed to be tied into something as I worked it out.

Comment

On my R20, some of the lower screws are machine style with backing nuts. The upper ones are all sheet metal or wood screws.

Comment

Completed FAE install

IMG_2135.jpgIMG_3184.jpgIMG_5147.jpg

Comment

That looks great! I've been thinking about installing one on my Z1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X