Aftermarket Installation of TAPS 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Installation of TAPS 3?

I saw Booms thread about installing TAPS 3 on his 2015 Z3, and it got me thinking. I didn't think any dealers were doing that. On what models can it be done? Does the boat need Tige Touch 2? (If so, I assume that would limit it to 2015 and newer.) Anyone heard of it being done on an RZ2?

I know of at least three Z3's that have had it done. All run off the touch screen as it would from factory. I don't see why yours wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
      I saw Booms thread about installing TAPS 3 on his 2015 Z3, and it got me thinking. I didn't think any dealers were doing that. On what models can it be done? Does the boat need Tige Touch 2? (If so, I assume that would limit it to 2015 and newer.) Anyone heard of it being done on an RZ2?
      Can only be done on 2015 or newer with Tige Touch 2. This is if you want it to be operated through the Tige touch. There is a thread on here where an owner got their dealer to install it on an RZR or R20 with a separate controller like the new aftermarket surf systems use.

Comment

Performance Marine has a 2015 R20 Dealer demo on their website that has been retrofitted with Taps 3 tabs but it does
        not have Tige Touch. It has a Lenco dual switch mounted by the throttle lever. I would definately be interested in having that installed on my 15 R20. I have the 1600# surf ballast and it does put out a great wave when listed but would be nice to have the flexibility of Taps 3. I would prefer to stay with Tige equipment.
        If anyone here knows of this being a possibility for 2015 owners, please share.

Comment

Any boat can be retrofitted with lenco parts. Search my "taps 21" thread for how to do it. I can help with parts if you want to try it.

Comment

Outfitting through the TT is a possibility with 15 and newer boats because of the TT MFG. Non TT boats will require switching to control the actuators.
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Bills Marine installed the wakemakers system on my 13 z3 ... works amazingly well and didn't void the warranty

Comment

Working...
              X