Which slip location is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which slip location is best?

I'm a new tige owner.... I can dock or trailer an I/O with my eyes closed, but am becoming aware of the nuances of trying to do the same with my tige. I'm storing it in the water next season, because my wife is retired from using the boat launch. She got a raise, and said she'd pay for the slip, lol.

Attached is the slip I was assigned (#26, highlighted in yellow). You'll notice the dock will be on the port side. Should I request a starboard side one? I see two problems, I have a 2004 22v, the step into the boat is on the driver side, and the cushions are in good condition but starting to go, i'd prefer people use the step. Also, since it's an Inboard I'm now aware that it will pull starboard in neutral and reverse. Won't that make pulling into a port dock slip difficult? I almost think I'll have to back it in (with no rudder ability, lol).

Also, i have no bottom paint, its white gelcoat, will I need to pull it every two weeks? Have others experienced blistering before?
    Attached Files

Don't think it matters. You will figure out the docking sequence pretty quick. I had a similar setup a few yrs ago and there was a certain way to do it. Made me a better driver as well.

For the gel coat....depends on the lake. 5 days in lake of the ozarks trashed my hull. OTOH, we kept it in the lake all summer in WA state and had no issues. Just took it out every couple weeks to dry it off and give it a quick scrub. Boats that are left in all the time get a little grubby

Comment

It will be real easy to pull in between the two rows of slips and then back into 26, putting the STBD side of the boat. Pulling out would be straight until you clear your slip, reverse to the STBD to point the bow toward open water and then forward.

This also allows you to use the swim platform from the main dock, to board, disembark.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It will be real easy to pull in between the two rows of slips and then back into 26, putting the STBD side of the boat. Pulling out would be straight until you clear your slip, reverse to the STBD to point the bow toward open water and then forward.

This also allows you to use the swim platform from the main dock, to board, disembark.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My only concern with backing into a slip is making sure the slip is deep enough to have sufficient overhang to protect the bow from the elements.. I know a good wind blown rain is bound to happen every once in a while, but I've seen a lot of slips where the swim platform and even the transom is always in the sun... days on end of bow seats in the sun Is not a good thing..

Comment

You may want to check with the marina, other nearby marinas or on craigslist to see if you can find a compatible lift to buy or rent for the season. I have a friend who went the marina slip route and he told me there is a side market for lifts on lakes with large marinas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to keep it in good condition just put the cover on, you get good at it after a while of doing it every day. Even if it's not windy it'll probably still get wet, the tents seem to sweat and drip water in anyways, or at least the ones I'm farmiliar with. I would recommend just backing in and covering it. Just drive in, along the slips and the put it in reverse and you should be pulled right in.

Congrats on the new boat! We like pictures here on tigeowners

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

Ok, so despite the lack rudder control in reverse you're saying I'll just use the neutral/reverse listing to starboard to my advantage and just pulse it in backwards. Sounds like a plan... I just didn't know how strong the list was. THANKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i would suggest boat lift and here is one I almost got but heard many great things. http://www.airdock.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hilljroberts View Post
                    Ok, so despite the lack rudder control in reverse you're saying I'll just use the neutral/reverse listing to starboard to my advantage and just pulse it in backwards. Sounds like a plan... I just didn't know how strong the list was. THANKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    The boat is going to naturally back to the STBD so backing into #26 will be easier IMO, than pulling in straight. Dont even think about backing into a dock like #28 on the port side.

Comment

Working...
                    X