Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roswell dualzone controler. Advices please

Hey guys.
    My weekend project is to plug my new roswell dualzone controler. Sadly i have no plan in the box and im a little bit confused with the wiring.. i just want some little advices to save me hours by myself haha if someone know this product!
    I have a 2016 tige RZR with WetSound SYN2 and SYN6 amp.
    i want to put the dual zone on channel 1to 4 on the syn6 and on the syn2.
    So just a little review of what i need to unplug and replug would be appreciated!
    The roswell knob have 3 pair of female rca (input, zone1 and zone2 output).

The only thing im worried about is to have the correct RCA wires because i have to run approx. 8ft. Between them.
    My storage is deep in the woods so i want to buy the cables here in the city and i wish to be able to plug all that with no need to make 2hours driving for a missing or wrong wire haha.
    Thanks alot guys.

From what you are describing here is what you should need:
    1 RCA from the deck to the controller
    1 RCA from the controller to amp for zone 1(say syn 6 channel 1-4)
    1 RCA from controller to amp for zone 2 (syn 2)

Then you will need one RCA from the deck directly to the Syn 6 for channel 5-6. You will also have to make sure the input switch on the amp is set up correctly for that configuration. I'm guessing right now it just has one RCA input for the entire amp from the factory.

Take your time and check everything over and don't trust that the factory set it up correctly. The factory stereo people are butchers. Every boat I had after purchase needed extensive stereo redo. Also many of the boats while I was working at the dealership. I would also consider having it professionally tuned or do it yourself if you know how. Most from the factory are not tuned correctly.
    Last edited by boardman74; 12-01-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks alot boardman. And yeah i will re-tuned my amps after wiring all that!

Just few more question.. why i would need a RCA from deck to chnl 5-6? Its already my subwoofer in them and i think its exactly that setup (headunit to chnl 5-6)
      And with the existing wire that i will disconnect to put my new ones in the amps. Do i disconnect them all in the headunit too and get rid of them?
      And the last one for my chnl. 1to 4 do i need a rca wire to goes 2 plugs (knob) and 4 plugs (zone2 chnl.1-4) on my amp?
      Thank tou very much for your help.

Comment

If you don't want the controller to control channels 5-6 then you need a separate source input to the amp for those channels. That would be the separate set of RCA's directly from the head unit to the amp. You could use the existing RCA that is there just put it in the 5-6 input.

I'm basing this on the fact that there is currently one set of RCA's going to the syn 6 and the switch is set for all channels to use that. Your going to switch it so channel 1-4 run off the RCA set from zone 1 and channel 5-6 run off the RCA set directly from the head unit.

You probably currently have 2 sets of RCA's: 1 from the head unit to the syn 6 and 1 for the syn 2.

For your set up your going to now need 4: 1 head unit to your new controller, 1 zone one to channel 1-4 syn 6, 1 zone 2 to syn 2, and 1 head unit to syn 6 channel 5-6.

Comment

I've used this controller for my last 2 boats and like it a lot for its simplicity and reliability. Just thought I would put a plug in that I think it was a good purchase on your part.

It sounds like Boardman has good advice for you. I would never have something coming directly off of the head unit with a controller in the mix as well. I put the volume of the head unit as high as I want it and then use the Roswell dual zone controller to control the volume that reaches the amps. With the flick of a knob, the volume goes to where I want it, rather than goofing around with the touch screen.

I would have thought your Syn 6 would be wired for the interiors and sub, and the Syn2 goes to the tower. That setup would work perfectly and be fine for most people, unless you wanted a separate control for the subwoofer. Boardman, they didn't use the amps the way I described? Why would they put 2 channels directly from the HU?

One small thing...I used 3 identical RCA cables and did not label them once I passed them through the bowels of the boat. (my error). Then I plugged them in wrong and thought I had a bad cable. The signal will come through the inputs and go through one of the outputs if you do it wrong, making you think one of your cables are bad. Just be smart (not like me) and label the ends of the RCA cables before you run them, unless you have direct visualization the whole way.
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
          X