Inboard newbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inboard newbe

After many years of dreaming of a new Tige, my wife and I just bought our first inboard, a 2014 Tige RZR! The dealer we made the purchase through was not a Tige dealer and knew nothing about the brand. The boat never had boardracks and the previous owner removed the tower speakers. What are my options for board racks and are tower speakers a standard mount? I appreciate any help anybody can give.

What are my options for board racks
    Im guessing it has the Tige Alpha-Z tower? if so, Tige or Samson

are tower speakers a standard mount?
    No. Again, depends on the the tower. The OEM tower would have been the Alpha-Z and the OEM option would have been a Wet Sounds speaker. You can go with either the "X" mount or TC3-S swivel. They offer an 8" coaxial or an 8" and 10" HLCD tower speaker in white or black pods.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The tower is the Alpha Z. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Racks depends on what you think you'll use the boat for. The clamping racks are awesome but pricey. They also are not recommended for most foam core surfboards, but work great for wakeboards or thinner, solid surf and skim boards.

Comment

Wow, welcome to the site. Nice boat!
          Post up a pic for us when you get a chance. What part of the country are you located?
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

SAMSON racks are great. I have purchased a set for 2 boats.
            https://samsonsports.com/shop/tige-a...er-boardracks/

Congrats.
            Nick
            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Thanks for the advice everybody! I am from southwestern Michigan. I'll get some picks posted when it quits raining. I can't think of a more difficult thing to do than look at a new boat purchase all winter long. But at least the price was right!

Comment

samson racks were much cheaper for me than the tige racks and work great. i'd use them again...
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

We replaced the factory racks on our RZR with the Samson and would do it again in a heartbeat

Comment

When I worked for the dealership we didn't even order the factory racks. We put the standard Sampson's on every boat. They are much cheaper and a better rack. Main feature i like is the lock in multiple positions and not just out.

Comment

Can someone post pics of the Samson rack pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://samsonsports.com/shop/tige-a...er-boardracks/

Comment

Do the Samson racks include the brackets to bolt directly to the Alpha Z or is that a Tige item?

Comment

I highly recommend the Wake/surf/Wake racks unless all you do is surf. It's nice to be able to put 4 wakeboards and 4 surfboards (*assuming you have the surf Bimini).

Samson makes great racks

Comment

I ordered surf/surf for both sides. they hold wakeboards as well but the bungees are a tad long if all you have are wakeboards in both slots.
                              if I had it to do again, I would order surf/surf 1 side and a surf/wake for the other side.

it was a direct bolt-on and came with everything although I will say since I ordered and installed myself, tige didn't do a good job cleaning out the threads on the alpha tower and if I did it again myself, I'd chase the threads prior to install.
                              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                              X