Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First oil change at home?

Hi guys,
    I've winterize my boat last week and they dont make the first maintenance service because i have not done enough Hours. The dealer told me at least 20 I an just 15hours..
    I was wondering if its possible to make the first maintenance service next summer with the Boat on my elevator?
    I asked the dealer last week-end and he told my the maintenance guy is pretty busy in spring and he like to work in his things.
    But if i Pay an extra or anything is it possible to convince the guy its just not possible for Tige to make a oil change on the water?

I am already going to the dealer for de-winterize in spring. I dont really want to drop my Boat in the lake, take it out the week after and return to the dealer because I will surely make 5hours in my first week and re-drop it.. its kind of a mess to go at the dealer 2times in a month when the dealer is 3hours away. And we have a lake charge of 50$ each Time we use the drop to the lake.
    Thanks!

Yes, the boat can be serviced on your lift. It would be done just the same as if the boat was one the trailer. Only difference is the tech has to haul is tools and supplies down to the boat. However, no need to hook up fake-a-lake or water supply, just lower boat in water. Thousands and thousands of boats each year are serviced on lifts. Now, since your dealer is 3 hours drive away, I would look to have a local shop come out and do the service. That would be an all day job for your dealer tech to drive 6 hours with 2 hours on the job site. Or do it yourself.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think your dealer needs a dose of common sense. How much difference is there between 15 and 20 hours? (yes, 20 hours is 33% more than 15.). But I am confident that the 20 hours is just a guideline, not set in stone. I had an issue that needed more urgent attention, so I did it a little early too, and they took care of both at the same time.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

My 2015 Indmar Raptor manual states that the first service is required between 10-20 hours. Engine oil, trans fluid, v-drive oil are all required for warranty at this early interval. Have your dealer check the Indmar maintenance chart. Next engine oil change is at 25 hours, next v-drive and trans service due at 300 hours or annually. This is a free service on my 2015, not sure if that changed for 2016.

Comment

I'll check thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X