Indmar Raptor 6.2 winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indmar Raptor 6.2 winterization

2016 Z1 w/ 6.2 Raptor engine; in need of help finding the 5th point to drain water. There are these little convenient stickers placed around the engine to indicate a point to drain water for winterization. They are marked 1 of 5, 2 of 5 etc. I can't find 5 of 5 anyone have any ideas where this may be? The Indmar manual isn't very clear on the locations. It says nothing of the little blue stickers in the manual and I've found all of the ones Indmar has illustrated in the manual.

IMG_20161112_160642_593.jpg
    I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

What 4 have you found?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

#1 of 5 Just below the raw water strainer and inlet which drains the manifolds
      #2 of 5 V drive anode plug
      #3 of 5 Just below impeller housing at heat exchanger
      #4 of 5 anode on heat exchanger
      Last edited by scoot18; 11-12-2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

You got all of them

Raw water strainer blue cap
        Hose by raw water that drains manifold blue cap
        V drive anode
        Impeller housing area blue drain cap
        anode on heat exchanger
        Nick
        Dayton, Ohio

Comment

My 2015 manual says to also remove the impeller for draining. Maybe that is #5.
          Last edited by JCP; 11-13-2016, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
            My 2015 manual says to also remove the impeller for draining. Maybe that is #5.
            #3 of 5 drains that on mine, can clearly see the tube coming downward from impeller to drain cap.

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
              You got all of them

Raw water strainer blue cap
              Hose by raw water that drains manifold blue cap
              V drive anode
              Impeller housing area blue drain cap
              anode on heat exchanger

I hope so, I guess I would be expecting a label stating 5 of 5 there also. But removing the V drive anode plug that would drain any water that may be in the strainer.

Comment

Hi guys,

First time trying to drain the engine for winter. And not every mechanical, so the terminology goes over my head.
                I think I found 1-3, but can some point our where #4 anode on heater exchange? Is it visible in any of these pics?
                IMG_2580.jpgIMG_2584.jpg

Comment

If yours is the same as mine which it looks like it is, you can't see it in your picture but it is very close to #3, about 25 degrees counter clockwise to the left of #3 on the lower part of the heat exchanger which is the metal cylinder with all the lines threaded into it. It is a 11/16" hex bolt which is the anode for the heat exchanger. I had to poke my head through the little access panel opening to see mine.

Originally posted by hlauv View Post
                  Hi guys,

First time trying to drain the engine for winter. And not every mechanical, so the terminology goes over my head.
                  I think I found 1-3, but can some point our where #4 anode on heater exchange? Is it visible in any of these pics?
                  [ATTACH]44663[/ATTACH][ATTACH]44662[/ATTACH]

Comment

They are shipped with the impeller and cover removed, as well as all plugs. So that could very well be your #5

Comment

Working...
                    X