Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Having boat Shrink wrapped for winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Having boat Shrink wrapped for winter?

What are everyone thoughts on this & the benefits?

If your boat is going to sit outside shrink is hands down the best way to protect it and keep it clean. Having a large cruiser(36) we have tried all the options and shrink wrapping is by far the best way to protect the boat and keep it as clean as possible. The down fall is its somewhat expensive.

If removed right the shrink wrap can be reused.

Comment

Shrink cost about 9$/foot.
      Be sure that the "structure" is vent! Otherwise it will smell bad and never dry!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

works well!
        Make sure the Boat is Bone dry before wrapping it, and make sure it has a vent in the shrink wrap, as well as a couple mildew bags.

Here is a RZR with Shrink Wrap on it that we did.

Comment

The only time I've wrapped our boat was for shipping from FL to WA, to minimize road rash and bugs and so forth. Given the price of shrinkwrapping, around here you can store a boat indoors for not much more money. And then you don't have to worry "Did I get it COMPLETELY dry inside?". I presume I have not gotten it completely dry, and store it so it can breathe. YMMV.

Comment

Mine came out of the shrink with the seats covered in mildew. I'm pretty sure the shop failed to dry it out first, but they wouldn't own up to it. I would look for indoor storage. Also, I bought on of these covers and it's great - as good as shrink, and reusable.

Comment

Working...
            X