Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower speaker covers

Hey everyone
    I just want some opinion of yours on Neoprene speaker cover if anyone buy some.
    I' ve seen speaker Sox too. Did anyone ever order some? And have some photos? Because they dont have much on their site or on google. I dont know if they are cheap or a good quality product.
    If i take speakersox i'll go with the "extreme" ones for winter but i'd like to have some pics before buying them to see if its worth wetsounds suitz in neoprene.
    Thanks

Check these out: https://www.beyondthewake.com/home.php

Comment

I purchased Wetsounds Suitz for my Rev 10s. Use them principally for winter storage (I store my boat on the lift). They work great and I'd purchase a new pair when these wear out.....maybe 10 years from now :-)
      Hope this helps,

Comment

I have had both speakersox and beyond the wake covers and I would buy speakersox again when needed due to the overall quality. I didn't have luck with the nylon covers from beyond the wake. I had one cover come off while towing and another tear thus the switch. The nylon faded as well. My speakersox extremes did fade to a blackish gray but they were in the sun every day of the week until I got my canopy built. It took 2 years in the sun to fade.
        A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

Speakersox recommends putting them on inside out while storing so that if it fades you can simply flip them around when you don't want people seeing them. I didn't get the extreme ones but for my use which was to keep dust / dirt / sun out a much as possible they work well.
          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I used Speaker Sox on our last boat, and thought they were great. They faded after a couple of years, so I quickly bought another set. Since the old ones weren't in terrible shape (just faded), I tried something I wish I would have done from the start. I used an old paint can, placed the sock on it, spray painted it black, and they looked like new again. Granted, they were a little stiff, but I then had a used pair for storage and transit, and a good pair for on the water. As a side note, both Speaker Sox and Beyond the Wake sponsored the Tige Reunion at Lake Mead this year. If anyone purchases anything from either of them, I would appreciate passing on a message of thanks for their generosity.

Comment

So do you guys leave these on all the time then? My boat is stored inside so I haven't purchased for storage purposes but have debated buying some for transport.

Comment

When I had them (new boat, new speakers that I can easily remove in storage), I left a pair on all the time. Kept the dust off in storage, the bugs off in transit, and the new set looked sharp on the water. My old boats speakers worked great, but they were worn out on the outside... that's the reason I bought them to begin with. Here's a picture of our old boat with the speaker sox on:

Lake Havasu, May 2012 005.jpg
                Last edited by D&P Powell; 10-26-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

My Speakersox work great to serve their purpose in protecting the speakers; however, I did not "ScotchGard" them prior to use and they sit in the sun all summer long so the black has faded badly. I would say they are almost brown now. I'd be curious if others have had fading issues with these or what they've done to prevent it. Maybe the "Extreme" version is better for fading or the wetsounds version might be as well. I can get you a current picture of them, but here they are when I first installed them...
                  P1020352.jpg

Comment

Wet Sounds, also a sponsor of the mead event like since the beginning, makes a quality cover. They come with carry handles stitched in for those with the swivel/disconnect clamps. The pod is protected from the zipper by a flap behind it. They are cut to form for a snug fit. No flapping during transport.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike, do you know how they handle against fading? Looks like the Wetsounds are made of neoprene like a wetsuit which I wouldn't think would fade in the sun too much. My Speakersox are definitely not a full neoprene.

Comment

They will fade with enough exposure to sun. In a couple seasons they will be a little gray if you set one right next to a new one. Much better though, then a dyed fabric type cover.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes, jim the owner of speakersox wrote me directly! And we discuss on what i wanted to do with my covers. I live in canada so my covers was mostly for the winter storage. Put them when i store my boat and remove them when i put it on the water. Like Jim said speakersox is made in texas for texan people. sock are perfect for pretecting from bigs are when traveling but Neoprene will more more convenient for cold winter temperature!

Comment

Does anyone with the neoprene wetsounds suitz leave them on while on the water? If so how is the sound thru them? Description says not acoustically transparent.

I'm thinking I either buy the suitz or spray paint my sox. Rit dye did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by jmitchell View Post
                              Does anyone with the neoprene wetsounds suitz leave them on while on the water? If so how is the sound thru them? Description says not acoustically transparent.

I'm thinking I either buy the suitz or spray paint my sox. Rit dye did not work.
                              We run Samson speakers with the neoprene covers which are pretty much the same as wetsounds. They're completely awful sounding, totally muffled when on.

Comment

Working...
                              X