V Drive - Water getting in it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V Drive - Water getting in it

I have a 2010 RZ4 with PCM 409 and it is closed cooled. Has 440 hours on it. Last 2 seasons has run great but for second time when I took it in for winterization, including changing oil in V Drive, service folks have said oil was milky and water had gotten in. Last year they said to monitor at beginning of season which i did first several times we went out. Oil was clear but by end of season was again milky. They are checking with PCM for possible issues and how to best diagnose. Have any of you experienced this? Any thoughts on what to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever fill your bilge up with water? Auto bilge pump not working? Left in the rain? Ballast bag fitting came loose? Water over the bow? There is a vent on top so if water gets high enough it can get in.

Comment

The V drive has a serviceable cross over tube inside it. I'm talking in your water cooling line. There are 2 o-rings on each side where the caps fit on. One on the inside to seal the trans fluid in and one on the outside to seal the water passage. You could have slightly froze one winter and have a hairline crack in that cross over tube(not likely) or you could have a cut or leaky o-ring(likely).

Comment

A lot of the V-Drive seals only work in one direction, as in will keep fluid in but not keep water out.

Comment

Thanks all!! I did think about perhaps water getting into the vent but per service guys that would have had to have been so much that I would have had other issues because it is so high up in engine compartment. No other issues so don't think it is that but my boat does take on wAter. Every now and then enough to get bilge going but usually just drain for 5 minutes on a hill before I put away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X