2016 FAE(Fresh Air Exhaust) opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 FAE(Fresh Air Exhaust) opinion?

Hey everybody! I wanna know if anybody had done the FAE mod? Just want some opinion, if its worth? Some says it decrease the performance too much so removed it.. what to you all think? And before i order it i'd like to have advice if i take the flapper or not? I have a 2016 RZR
    Thanks all

I won't own a boat without one simply for safety reasons best add for any surf boat.
    surf till u die.

Comment

As long as you don't submerge it too deep there is no noticable performance issue. I would recommend one if you are running open loop cooling and heavily loaded. It quiets the boat down A LOT! like adding another set of tower speakers! Messes up with the surf wave slightly..but worth it!

Comment

The (VERY) general consensus seems to be that if you have a catalytic converter exhaust system, it's already about as quiet as the FAE so there's no point in adding the latter.

As far as fumes go: On most boats we can see the little wisps of exhaust drifting up behind the boat, so we know the surfer/whomever is going right through that stuff. But on our 24Ve, we don't see any wisps at all. Ever. I don't know if that's because of our CAT exhaust, or where our single output exhaust pipe is located, or what - but it's just totally absent.

So, for us, we're already very quiet and have zero visible or smellable (?) fumes, so no FAE on our boat. Other people absolutely swear by them, such as the comment(s) above. I guess if you think you have a problem that needs solving, that's when I would consider one.

Comment

Interesting comment about the cooling configuration. The loudest boat I have ever surfed behind was a 2016 with a Raptor.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had one on my old DD because if you sat at the back when running it billowed quite a bit. I ran my VE the first year I got it without and the second year it was the first thing I put back on. I found when surfing the cloud and smell was quite bad especially in the earlier part of the season when I had the windscreen closed. With it open the air coming through pushed it away from the boat but the riders were still in it. I haven't found any less performance than without personally and believe it's worth every penny. As Greeko mentioned it does quieten the boat quite a bit which is nice but I will admit I love the sound of a tourny boat but all the benefits out way the sound.

Comment

That was the first mod I did this spring and now I wished I would have done it last year when I bought my boat. The boat is considerably more quiet now, I watched a video of me surfing behind the boat and you could hear the music pretty well, I then watched a video of me surfing behind my brothers boat (he does note have a FAE) and all you could hear was the engine. Also the exhaust fumes are almost non existent on my boat and I have 2 small kids and that's the biggest win for me, after being on my brothers boat and being reminded of the smell I will never own a boat without FAE. And I have not noticed any decline in performance nor a change in my surf wave. My 2 cents....

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Interesting comment about the cooling configuration. The loudest boat I have ever surfed behind was a 2016 with a Raptor.
                2014 Z3 with the Indmar was the loudest I have been around. The Centurion RI237 is a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
                  2014 Z3 with the Indmar was the loudest I have been around. The Centurion RI237 is a close second.
                  I wonder if DP has an FAE on his 2014. I surfed it back to back with the 2016. It would have an indmar chevy block also. Dont recall it being anywhere near as loud as the 2016 with the ford block indmar.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    I wonder if DP has an FAE on his 2014. I surfed it back to back with the 2016. It would have an indmar chevy block also. Dont recall it being anywhere near as loud as the 2016 with the ford block indmar.
                    We do not have the FAE yet chpthril. We are installing one this winter.

Comment

I'm putting one in my 2016 z3 this week. Going to drive it in the 30th and will report back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan to add one to my RZX3 over the winter, but cannot sacrifice performance (power reduction or wave compromise) for this add on. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
                        Brandon
                        -Brandon Lucas
                        Houston, Tx

Comment

I just put a FAE on my 16. No sacrifice in wave quality....I have had D&P and THE GERMAN out pre and post FAE. If anything I think centering up the water from the exhaust helped. My swimstep is 14 inches under water... I Think thats pretty deep

As for Quiet.... I would say a 60 percent reduction in noise. Its quiet enough to hear the water tumbling off the hull, and the water cresting and tumbling 20 feet back.

Larry is in the middle of a rework on design for anything with taps 3 as mine heavily ballasted had some issues holding up.

I think its worthy addition. No power loss......
                          Germaine Marine
                          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Also. go flapper. Larry recommends it to anyone with a new boat or a boat still under warranty. Its just not worth the small chance that something could happen.
                            Germaine Marine
                            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thanks dude. Good feedback.
                              -Brandon Lucas
                              Houston, Tx

Comment

Working...
                              X