Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What options for non vx z3 without trying to find or add one

Obviously searching and posting a lot on here lately with the new boat

Curious what upgrades are worth it without going to the vx? The more I read, the more confusing it gets. I don't think the budget would be there to try and get a vx if available so I'm seeing if there are any little things or additions to help max out the surf wave.

2013 z3. Pro factory ballast. Loved the fae exhaust on our older boat so I was thinking of for sure adding that.

What type of upgrades and what's your budget?
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Whether I should switch out the pro ballast for custom sacs or some different plate or flap......would like to stay under 1k. And as long as the fae will still fit.

Comment

Don't have many option with that budget... sacs will be 600 plus per for just the sacs.....

You could do a Duffy flap, but you need the sacs. A surf plate system is well over that 1k.

I think go a big bag, and grab a shaper...
        Germaine Marine

Comment

Your biggest wave improvement is going to be adding weight and like elevated said a shaper. You can always purchase lead from Leadwake to save money over custom bags. Runs roughly $1 per lb. I have the surf xl with 800 lbs of lead and that makes a killer wave with even just two people in the boat. I list mine between 7-8 degrees taps at 4 and speed 11.2-11.5. You will have a hard time getting a good surf wave with less than 1,100 lbs on your surf side in the rear IMO.

Comment

800 lbs is a lot of lead. Also consider that a custom sac can be less than $.50 p/lb.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would get 1100 pound sacs or something similar and get one of these.

http://www.tsunamiwakes.com/

Then put an FAE on and start dialing in.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I would definitely upgrade to the custom sacs. That's a no brainer.

I happen to be selling a set too for far less than new! Check the classifieds.

I would put the custom sacs in the rears and put the triangle bow sac in place of the 2 separate sacs up front, that will optimize your wave.

Comment

800 isn't that much lead....

I'm running 1k with no issues in my z3... super easy to
                  Move around and no guessing with how much companys bags actually hold.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

I can build you a retrofit TAPS 3 system for about $1300. You'd just need to mount the tabs (drilling holes in the transom) and run wires. Pretty simple really, but it is a basic no frills system. It would be about $1000 more for a more automated system. Those parts could be added on later though.

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                      800 isn't that much lead....

I'm running 1k with no issues in my z3... super easy to
                      Move around and no guessing with how much companys bags actually hold.
                      Agreed Elevated. I pretty much leave 300 lbs from the back locker up each side(600 lbs) then use 200 lbs to switch back and forth. I have 1100 lb bags already and it wasn't enough. New custom bags would run at least $1200 versus $800 in lead and not gain the weight I now have. I usually run with a crew of 6 or less so this setup has been money for me.

Comment

Weight of some form is going to be your ticket. Because unless you can find someone with a Z-3 VX laying around your not gonna find one. Getting an after production VX wasn't easy when they were putting them on boats(pre 2015). Getting a new one now 2 years after they discontinued offering them as an option, doubt thats gonna happen.

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback! More weight sounds like the obvious thing to add. I might need to consider unstucks later on after I see how things go with the added weight. Thanks everyone!!

Comment

Z1 Josh do you still have all of them?

Comment

Working...
                            X