Amp setup with 2013 z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp setup with 2013 z3

We just traded out boat for a 2013 z3. Picking it up Saturday and will post pics! It has 2 wetsounds amps but I didn't find out which ones they are. It has 2 rev10s and 2 rev8s. 6 in boats and the 10 inch sub. Going to swap out the 10 for the 12. I have a like new exile 15.4 that I can add and wondering how I should add it. If needed I can sell it and do a different configuration. Thoughts? Or what factory amps would have been put in it? One owner and custom painted tower speakers from the factory.

For the sub I'll build a ported enclosure for sure and might even jump to the v2 possibly.

If the setup is OEM in stalled it would be a syn_2 on the tower and syn_6 driving in boats and woofer. You can it as is amp wise and the syn6 has 600 w for a woofer. I can offer more ideas when I get on laptop off phone
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril! Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Comment

Ok, here is what I would do. Minimal investment with the greatest return:

Pull the Rev-8s. If you drive the Larger Rev-10 to their potential, you will hardly miss the smaller Rev-8
        Get an XS-12 4 ohm and use the no freed up Syn-2 for the XS-12 in a ported enclosure.
        With the woofer now gone from the Syn-6, use it to drive all 3 pair of in-boats. This will allow to double their wattage.
        Now install that spare 4 chnl and bridge it to the Rev-10.

If you want to really make a jump in bass and go with the XXXv2, you would want an amp in wattage range of 1000+ at 4 or 1 ohm. Wet Sounds SD-2. My favorite is the Kicker KX2400.1. Another option is the Arc XDi1100.1 or JL HD/MHD 1200/1.

Syn-6 to still drive all 3 pair of in-boats

Bridge the spare 4 chnl for the Rev-10

Id still consider pulling the Rev-8. Could sell them and the Syn-2 as a combo. Or, leave them in place.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'd hate to get rid of the Rev 8s since they have the matching tangerine color but definitely understand your idea....hmmmm

Comment

Working...
          X