New Z3! Thanks to the forum for information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Z3! Thanks to the forum for information

My family is the proud owner of a new 2016 Z3 after a lot of boat testing and searching. Thanks to the forum for helping provide some great information. In the end, the fit and finish of the Tige was just so much nicer than anything we looked at in it's price point and we like the styling the most. We were also looking at used but the new five year warranty swayed our decision. Thanks also to the folks at Eagle Marine for the lake test and working with us on the price.

Upgrades started:
    1. 2nd seablaze transome light
    2. bimini extension
    3. FAE system (can't wait for that if the group buy works out)
    4. Upgrade tower lights to LED (Thanks elevated concept for the info)
    5. Adding equalizer with PA (my neighbor in the cove is unfortunately an Aggie and I need to be able to talk trash to him).

The boat has 2 Rev 10 speakers with the premium audio upgrade. Do most find that sufficient? We don't want it so loud the rest of the lake hears us but we do like a clean sound.

Appreciate everyone's input on any other suggested upgrades and can't wait to get it on the water!
    Attached Files

Love it! 2 rev 10's are pretty loud. 4 of course are amazing. We have the PA. My wife sounds fine on it, I sound like Charlie Browns teacher, lol. Wha, whah wah wahhh.

Added a paper towel holder to the side of the trash can assembly. Simple mod, but nice.

Be curious to see the Bimini extension. Beautiful boat man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Pm me and I'll walk you through some ballast surf issues that you are going to come across. They wil help with consistency of the wave.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Very nice!Should really pop on the water!

Comment

Haven't seen that color combo before. Looks sharp!

Comment

Beautiful boat! Congrats!

If you choose to get rid of one set of the Rev10s let me know if be happy to take them off your hands and get you some money towards those other upgrades!

Comment

I started with just two speakers on the tower and I went back and added the extra 2 and it's soooo much better. Do it now while you can. I also added the EQ as well. The PA is also a lot of fun! The bimini is pretty awesome already especially with the surf pockets on top. We felt like it gave us enough shade already and we use the Bimini everytime we go out. 2F9CFA99-BB20-4282-86BF-F4007B72C0AD.jpgA3008FD8-052D-4FDA-A169-E8FEC234D36B.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by senator851 View Post
                  I started with just two speakers on the tower and I went back and added the extra 2 and it's soooo much better. Do it now while you can. I also added the EQ as well. The PA is also a lot of fun! The bimini is pretty awesome already especially with the surf pockets on top. We felt like it gave us enough shade already and we use the Bimini everytime we go out. [ATTACH]44527[/ATTACH][ATTACH]44528[/ATTACH]
                  I bet you had a pair of REV 8's. The pic looks like you have a small pair and a big pair...is that right? Which pair was first?

I have had boats with 2 pair and with 1 pair. 2 pair is better, but not soooo much better. In fact, I have just left it with 1 pair properly powered and tuned and been reasonably happy.
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Started with the Rev 10's and added the 8's I think it makes a huge difference. The EQ also helps. You can hear the music very clear when wakeboarding.

Comment

I've heard that after adding the FAE, just having one pair of Rev 10's is just fine. I'm going to start there, should get the FAE next week.

Comment

Nice ride!

Comment

Originally posted by talltxnguy View Post
                          I've heard that after adding the FAE, just having one pair of Rev 10's is just fine. I'm going to start there, should get the FAE next week.
                          I agree with that plan. You can hear 2 pair better than 1, but 1 does pretty good.
                          Just because I have made so many steps in my boating adventures where I upgrade the same piece repeatedly, I would go ahead and get an amp that can drive 2 pair if needed. Then you don't have to buy another amp as well if you decide to go the 2 pair route.
                          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X