Winterize question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterize question.

2000 20ci. Ozarks. I want to change the oil and winterize in my driveway. Will the water pump pull antifreeze in a bucket, through a short hose to my fake a lake? M&M18.jpg

You'd probably be better off taking the hose off the thru-hull and putting it right in the bucket.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Another option is to thread a bilge pump to a water carrier. I put the carrier up on the locker so it has gravity to help it as well. Let your boat idle on the fake a lake until it warms up and opens the thermostat, if not you wont get much antifreeze in the actual block.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reliance-...9410-03/872426

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tsunami-8...utlet/11071186

Comment

So are there 2 separate passages in the boat where lakewater is pumped on 2000 era boats? Or does the seawater pump lakewater through everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tower210 View Post
          So are there 2 separate passages in the boat where lakewater is pumped on 2000 era boats? Or does the seawater pump lakewater through everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          There are no passages in the boat per say. Seawater is pumped through the drive train. This can consist of the engine of course, but also the transmission cooler and V-drive unit on v-drive boats. Some boats have cabin heaters, which will be fed by water/coolant from the engine. Boats may also have a shower, which will also be fed by the seawater pump and engine. All of these need drained of lake water for winter layup.

If the boat's engine is partial closed cooling, then the block proper does not need drained, but other items do, along with the exhaust manifolds and heat exchange.
          Last edited by chpthril; 10-01-2016, 08:00 PM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X