Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the right place for heater connections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the right place for heater connections?

Installing a HeaterCraft heater in my 08 Z1. Engine is GM Vortec 5.7 L. Wondering if these are the right plugs for the hot water circulation circuit? I pulled both these plugs and they are brass. Can I assume they are coolant lines if they are brass?

20160925_155120.jpg

20160925_155144.jpg
    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

The top picture is where one of the hoses should go. I have not seen both hoses hooked to the intake manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
      The top picture is where one of the hoses should go. I have not seen both hoses hooked to the intake manifold.
      So where does the return hose go back in?

Sent from my S7

Comment

I do not have one for me to look at but I thought it was on the same side of the engine but on the water circulation pump.

Comment

Although I have a different model of Tige than you on my motor I used the same one you have circled in the top picture and on the other hose I went to a port that was on the circulating water pump on the front of the engine and on the same side as the port circled in top photo.

Comment

Thanks Hutch. Do you happen to have a photo or would you be able to take one?

Jetter

Comment

I will get a picture tomorrow but I googled a marine power 5.7 and got this image. I circled in red the port that I used on my setup. 4548327.jpg

Comment

I think this is the water pump. So this plug should work? Gonna be a bugger to get to with all the hoses in the way.

waterpump.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jetter View Post
                  I think this is the water pump. So this plug should work? Gonna be a bugger to get to with all the hoses in the way.

[ATTACH]44499[/ATTACH]
                  That is the correct location.

Comment

Working...
                  X