2005 22v PP Servo Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 22v PP Servo Location

Hoping I might be able to pick the brains of a few of you experts out there! Recently my PerfectPass system stopped working - just randomly quit from one pass to the next (pretty funny actually as I was behind the boat at the time and was on the wakeboard waiting for it to back off and ended up hitting about 40MPH while screaming at the driver to slow down). My first thought was the paddle wheel on the transom - but I checked that and it *looks* fine (not sure if it can still be defective even if it looks okay)? The speedometer on the digital display also seems to be accurate - so doesn't look to be an issue with the sensor. I did some research here and it sounds like it's probably the servo motor for the throttle cable. I watched the videos of how to test the servo (key ignition, putting pressure on the top of the dial, etc.) but there's just one problem...I can't find the damn servo motor! I thought it would be obvious - but I can't see anything that looks like the motor (at least the one I've seen in the videos online) in the engine compartment. I took off the engine cover thinking it might be hidden under there but nothing. Anyone know common mounting locations for the servo on an '05 22V? Any way to trace a cable back or something to find it? I see what looks like a wire going out of a throttle assembly back into the rear compartment by the battery - could that be it? Thanks for any help!

Dumb question but do you have the actual perfect pass speed control or is it the Tige speed set?

I ask because perfect pass has the servo motor you describe and Tige speed set does not.

Comment

Another dumb question: did you think of letting go of the rope?

Comment

The perfect pass servo motor is in the port side rear locker behind the wall. It is mounted on the transom wall. The paddle wheel for perfect pass is not on the transom. It is on the bottom of the hull. The transom paddle wheel is for the regular speedo. I had to clean my servo motor once and replace my perfect pass paddle wheel
        Let it be!!!

Comment

It's been a while but there is also a spring if I remember correctly. At the moment all my perfect pass documentation is at my other house
          Let it be!!!

Comment

That wire you traced is most likely leading to the servo. On my 05 22v the servo is mounted underneath the rear transom starboard side but it's reversed so the servo is hidden by the bracket its mounted in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I'll have a look in the lockers on the transom wall - never even thought to check there as I assumed the cable would need some kind of a stabilized direct pull to the throttle and thus be mounted close to the throttle body itself. I saw a small water-proof case in there (like an outdoor electrical outlet) but didn't get in the locker to look inside - assumed it was a fuse box or electrical connection - guessing it's in there. I also read about the spring - so I'll check that out as well. Appreciate the info - THANK YOU!

Comment

Usually mounted right above the battery!

Comment

Just trace the cable heading rearward from the throttle linkage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My 05 22v it's port side transom above the battery. Can't see it unless try to look for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all - problem solved (thanks to you)!

Comment

Working...
                      X