2016 tige RZR with the 360 engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 tige RZR with the 360 engine?

Im currently buying a 2016 tigé RZR and im wondering if anyone had some experiences in the different motor options!? After reading few post it seems that the raptor 400 is the base motor in the RZR but the one im cheking is the 360r.. Is this normal? Ive tested both motor on different tige and honestly for my use the 360r seems fair enough for me! What to you all think? Is the 400 is worth the 2 500 more? I know the 360 have just 3years instead of 5.. And both are 6.2L. Is it because the 360 have more common problems?
    Thanks all !

I thought starting in 2016 all variants were covered for 5 yrs due to the Tige 5/5/5?

Take it for what its worth but I ordered my R21 w/ the 400 and have 0 regrets paying the additional coin. I did opt to hold off on an upgraded stereo to offset the cost. I figured I can easily add stereo options later, I CAN'T swap engines later (realistically)

Comment

Yeah i understand! Its exactly why im confused right now. The thing is we dont have any 2016 in tje region. The last rzr 400 was sold last week. So if i want a 400 engine i have to wait for 2017 models that gonna be sold like 78K instead of 66,5 for this one! For the warranty you're right! Its the 5-5-5 i just cheked, my bad.
      Last edited by Mike88; 09-19-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

The RZR should be standard with the 400...

you sure you are not looking at a R20?

Comment

Originally posted by SKSailboatshop View Post
          The RZR should be standard with the 400...

you sure you are not looking at a R20?
          Here is the pic he posted on WW....looks like an RZR to me...

Mike might want to double check if the engine is in fact a 360 or 400....You have any pics of the engine bay?

Comment

Yes thats my topic on WW! Heum yeah i have one photo and saw it with my eyes so.. Its really a 360. And you have the boat there I dont think its a R20, its really a rzr on the papers and really a 360 engine.. I hope they not have changed the block because the boat has problems before :s
            Last edited by Mike88; 09-19-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

-
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a 2016 RZR with the 6.2 Raptor. I guess the boat you are looking at was special order with the 360 from Tige. On the build your own section of the Tige website there are options for different engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah sounds like you found the best answer. thanks!

Comment

bizarre...on all my pricing and order sheets for 16' RZR's the 400 is standard, the only option is the 440.

Perhaps it has the wrong cover?...does the engine have a strainer on it? I would verify what engine that boat actually has by the serial with INDMAR...it should have a 400 in it

Comment

Finally got my answer! Indmar said the same thing as my dealership. So my dealer was telling the truth. they are in the boat business since 30years and are really reputed i should'nt doubt about them but i was a little bit scared! Like indmar said they have the option to order what size they want.
                        End story is because of the US CANADA dollar change, they had an idea and tested it in 2016. They ordered a couple of RZR with the stock R20 motor for a more "price friendly". And it worked well so they will continue to do it. And seriously for me the 360 is fair enough and for a good price like that.
                        Last edited by Mike88; 09-20-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Our first RZR(2013) has the PCM 303 hp, which some competitors claimed put out as little as 265hp and the boat did just fine. We had larger bags and ran the boat a few times with 8-10 people in it. Never had an issue surfing or wake boarding.

You may down the road run into a resale issue as your going to be the only RZR with a 360, but I doubt you are going to have any power problems. The RZR is a pretty small light boat.

Comment

look at all our boats with the 343 in it, they all do fine, I am sure that is lots for the rzr

Comment

Our r20 with the 335 and upgraded ballast does just fine, although we are on a island at sea level. Nice looking boat though!

Comment

Working...
                              X