Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski gear

Hi All,

I currently have the fortune of finding myself in Florida this Saturday (over for work from New Zealand), as you fellas are heading toward the end of your season and ours is just starting..

I'm hoping to find a reasonable junior slalom ski for my daughter to learn on. She is currently riding on a pair of 59" doubles and ready to shift onto the single.

Can anyone recommend a store here in Orlando that might be worth checking out, or online stores (hoping there are some good end of season sales, quality second hand skis for kids are as rare as hens teeth in NZ)

Cheers Dave

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

This place looks worth a look?
    http://www.perfski.com/ski

You might also be able to find something used nearby?
    http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...ategory=Slalom
    Last edited by TeamAllen; 09-15-2016, 02:07 PM.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Go to Performance as mentioned above. It is one of the biggest wake/ski shops in the country and the best people you will ever deal with. They know what they are talking about as everyone that works there is a rider and some are pro level riders. They will help you find exactly what you need at a fair price. Bring your wallet because you will see lots of goodies that you want. I drive down there from Jacksonville all the time. Also ask them about closeouts or last year models because they have a big warehouse and you may be able to get some great deals that way.

They sponsor tons of pro skiers and wakeboarders so if your lucky you might run into Cobe or Tarah Mikacich, Shawn Murray, Dallas Friday etc while your in there. It is also only a couple of miles form OWC so go and ride the cable too.

Comment

X2 for performance, great selection. I would definitely recommend taking a lesson from freedom wake park, great people and pro riders. Oh and if you go to freedom wake park you get 10% or maybe it's 15%

Comment

Thanks Guys, it doesn't look too far from where I'm staying, will definitely to to get over there

Comment

Went and saw Mike at Performance Ski, awesome guy, heaps of knowledge, thank for the recommendation.
            Shame I could go earlier, he could've arranged a ski for me....

Comment

Working...
            X