Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a creative idea for the Bimini positioning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a creative idea for the Bimini positioning?

New to Tigé, picked up a 2013 Rz2. Love the boat, but clearly the Bimini operation and stowed position on the Alpha Z tower is a bit clunky. Several posts to this effect already on this forum. I also saw the videos from Ewok which show regular operation.

HOWEVER, the Bimini, both in the deployed and stowed position seem to be in the way of the tow rope when in use.

Does anyone have ANY creative ideas or were able to jig something to make the situation any better? If in the stowed position, it could sit 3-4 inches above the rope knob, it would be great.

For surfing I loop it on the surf side of the tower where it's split. I don't use the center knob. Make's it easier for the rider on that side and to put the rope in a better position for the fallen rider to grab. With the bimini down it just lifts it up a bit which doesn't harm it. I've also wrapped an old T-Shirt around the rope so it doesn't wear on the bimini. Haven't ever noticed it being an issue for wakeboarding. Maybe when the rider is down but once up the angle of the boat eliminates that issue.
    Attached Files

Comment

Man that love that alpha Z on the 24ve just wish the 06's were compatible for it
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I have the same problem with my wakeboard rope. The rope rubs the edge of the bimini whether i go over or under. it drives me nuts. i try and put a piece of foam on top of the bimini so the rope rubs it instead but it's hard to keep in place. I'd love to hear how others deal with it.

Comment

Working...
        X