Bags not draining all the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bags not draining all the way

So what's the best way to get my bags to drain all the way? Even after cycling the pumps off and on for s couple min on the boat ramp there is still an inch or two in it. Seems like there should be enough in the back to pump

Anyways, there is always probably 3-5 gallons left.

I always hit the empty switches again when being pulled out of the water on the trailer. Or, you can do about 15mph, get the nose high and hit them. Never going to get every drop though.

Comment

I installed check valves on the vent lines and also hit empty while on the trailer heading uphill on the boat ramp. The bags suck down like raisins and have less than a gallon left in them.
      Last edited by JCP; 09-06-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

So do check valves help with drainage?

Comment

Ok...just did a little reading on check valves. Looks like $60 worth of valves will fix my problem. Thanks all!

Tige.....please install check valves on future boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
            So do check valves help with drainage?
            They can. However, sac port location can also effect sac draining, to which check valves may not help.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
              I installed check valves on the vent lines and also hit empty while on the trailer heading uphill on the boat ramp. The bags suck down like raisins and have less than a gallon left in them.
              any pics? you have my attention. mine won't drain all the way or anywhere near even when they are tipped up.

Comment

As a side note, I'm going to need to cross vent as well since I just watch the ballast drain as the boat lists once the TAPS3 engages.

I'm guessing Tige did not cross vent since it would confuse most people when their port bag begins to drain on the starboard side. Why they did not install check valves is beyond me....unless the restrict flow or something.

Comment

I'm going to need to cross vent as well since I just watch the ballast drain
                  did the water come from the vent or the drain?
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                    Great Idea. Please provide details on the valves you are using if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
                      As a side note, I'm going to need to cross vent as well since I just watch the ballast drain as the boat lists once the TAPS3 engages.

I'm guessing Tige did not cross vent since it would confuse most people when their port bag begins to drain on the starboard side. Why they did not install check valves is beyond me....unless the restrict flow or something.
                      Bakes...

Check a few things.. 1- that the drain fitting isnt broken and leaking water, 2-which holes water is coming out of.

I just CV the vent lines to help with vent siphoning. I also cross drained. I can let you know the results this weekend.
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Sayonara View Post
                        Great Idea. Please provide details on the valves you are using if you can.
                        You can get them from Mike Liquid Audio, or wake makers. The valves are a basic plastic housing flapper 1-1/8 CV . They are roughly 15 bucks a valve if my mind serves me right..
                        Germaine Marine

Comment

This is what I did. Everything was heat shrinked after. image.jpg

image.jpg
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

This is the cross drain...image.jpg
                            Germaine Marine

Comment

I cross vented my rear bags on my 2016 Z3 this helped tremendously I still get a little bit of drainage but nothing like before...I think I can reroute the hoses a little bit more to help eliminate it even more.

Comment

Working...
                              X