best way to clean boat cover??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to clean boat cover??

So my boat sits on a lift all summer. Its under cover, but the cover is filthy! Between the pollen, and spiders etc... whats the best way to really get these clean? I did lay it out and used a brush with soap and water, but that didn't do much. Has anyone had one dry cleaned before?

I just cleaned mine in the drive way with some 303 cleaner and a soft brush. Worked pretty good. Didn't remove the stains but did clean it. I then re-water proofed it with the 303 fabric guard.

Comment

I had our old one on our 2004 boat dry cleaned, but was disappointed in the results. I went back to laying it down in the driveway and using a brush with soap and water. I would be interested as well in others responses to see what others recommend.

Comment

ya, I did the brush soap and water, and it did clean it some. it was a huge thing to lay out.

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
          So my boat sits on a lift all summer. Its under cover, but the cover is filthy! Between the pollen, and spiders etc... whats the best way to really get these clean? I did lay it out and used a brush with soap and water, but that didn't do much. Has anyone had one dry cleaned before?
          do you know what fabric your cover is made out of?

anyhow... for heavy cleaning do this.

1/4 cup of mild soap
          303 Fabric Cleaner
          gallon of water
          brush on, scrub lightly... now the magic part we all suck at... let it sit for 20 minutes. the hose off. the solution needs to sit and penetrate to clean.

if that does not work add 1 cup of bleach to the mixture and do it again. but only if your cover was sewn with tenara or solarfix thread.
          Last edited by WakerideN; 09-07-2016, 04:49 PM.
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Originally posted by jbgp1200 View Post
            I just cleaned mine in the drive way with some 303 cleaner and a soft brush. Worked pretty good. Didn't remove the stains but did clean it. I then re-water proofed it with the 303 fabric guard.
            X2 on this. Except I used dawn dish soap for the cleaning and it helped get out some of the stains

Comment

Working...
            X