Suggestions for a better port side wave. Taps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a better port side wave. Taps3

So I'm not too happy with my port side wave. I really like the starboard/goofy side but I expect more from the port.

I am essentially just using human ballast as the lead is a pain to mess with.

So....that said, any bright ideas to get the port to come close to the starboard?

Ports
    image.jpg

Starboard
    image.jpg

Short answer: more weight, and when you have more weight, more speed. The regular side doesn't roll over as nice as the goofy side when taps 3 deploys.

Here's my wave with a 450 lb bag on the floor and me and the wife in the boat, everything stock full. 11.4 mph. taps 2 @ 4, taps 3 @ 5

Others have not experienced exactly what I have but my wave is just as good with taps 3 @ 1 as it is @ 5.

Here the same settings except the added ballast: 450 lbs on the floor, and about 600 to 700 lbs of people ballast.

Comment

you either have too much or not enough list on that side... what does your inclinometer say?

the goofy side with prop rotation will always be a little easier to nail right of the bat.

I would say you probably arent over enough onto that side. If you are running the front full dump 40 percent out of non surf side front.

I like 7 degrees while surfing on port, with 8-10 degrees of rise. Starboard is roughly the same.

You will notice the difference in plate settings if you go off the inclinometer weighted like mentioned above.
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

taps 3 is a hybrid of the surf systems, it both delays and induces list. More plate, more list and less convergence.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
        X