21v Riders Edition Flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21v Riders Edition Flooring

Does anyone have any experience with SeaDek? I am about to replace my carpet completely with SeaDek. I have just gone through the whole dry-fit process and am about to place the order fro the custom fit pieces, but I just learned that I can't butt the SeaDek pieces up to each other. SeaDek wants a gap between the pieces for them to expand and contract, which I understand. This would be fine if the floor under my carpet was gel-coated and looked finished, but instead the floor under the carpet is rough looking brown/gold fiberglass. Leaving the gaps between the SeaDek is going to look awful.

Has anyone had to deal with this? Any comments or pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks

I'll be in the same boat soon, well, er, um, I am in the same boat already, but carpet is going as well. I wonder how hard it would be to just sand down the glass and gel coat over the top. It wouldn't have to be perfect.

Comment

I thought I remember reading about someone buying some type of commercial flooring resin and "painting" it over the older floors before applying Seadek...

Comment

why not just go with deckadence? or another flooring material. seems it would be less of a hassle?
        2011 Tigé RZ4
        www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

I am in the same boat (literally and figuratively). I am looking at flooring solutions as well. As you, I was looking to the SeaDek, as I liked the look, but also noticed the rough fiberglass floor and that it would be an issue. After watching the videos on their website and all, I think I will most likely go the Deckadence route. I am just curious about the texture of the material. Is anyone here using deckadence that would like to chime in?

Comment

I talked with gator about it. They said you need to gel coat the bottom, then then can go over the gel. I got quoted at 1500 for the gel coating. Here is a 21v they did.
            Attached Files
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

buy deckadence, best investment you'll ever make! Everyone single person in my boat comments on how nice the floor feels. + its supper easy to roll up and clean under it once or twice a season. Its not see-thru so no one will ever know the floor isn't finished and they'll cut it so its a full length in a single piece (if that what you want)

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                I talked with gator about it. They said you need to gel coat the bottom, then then can go over the gel. I got quoted at 1500 for the gel coating. Here is a 21v they did.
                Whoa that looks awesome!

Comment

Yeah, but a 3k floor in a 20k boat doesn't make that much sense to me
                  Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

^^^Unless you really like your 20k boat and don't plan to sell it.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

This picture was a big help, so far... Thank you. I did find a post where someone took up the carpet in their 24v, and coated the floor with a Sherwin Williams epoxy coating called Tile Clad then put Decadense down on top. Personally I just like how Seadek looks and feels. I have already gone through the dry fit and cad work with SeaDek so I am pretty locked in on that and should have about $1k in the floor when it is done. I am good with that investment for the value of the boat.

Thanks for all of the help. Any other suggestions for a coating over the rough floor is welcomed, Tile Clad might not be the answer. I have never played with Gel Coat before, is it tricky?

Comment

Deckadence is awesome!!!!!! We switched from carpet about 3 years ago and I would never use anything else. Drys supper fast, soft on your feet and does not get too hot and I am in Florida. Easy to clean just take out of boat hose off and your done. Sometimes I even hose off in the boat.

The seadeck will perform the same as it does on your swim platform - dent, chip, peel etc. I think seadeck is a good product but not for the entire floor. Deckedence will out perform seadek by a mile.

Comment

I have been wanting to tackle the project of removing carpet but been hesitant due to the magnitude of work involved. My choice will be Deckadence once i get the nerve and time. What do you all do about the carpeted trim in the main cabin. I have a 05 22V and its screwed in and also hides the screws that hold the back seat in. I like the clean look of not being there but won't like gel-patching the screw holes. My thought was to just leave it and leave some of the carpet in the boat (walls).

Comment

If anyone can find the thread that this picture I saved came from, I thought it was the best material I had seen. Not sure if that is the Tile-rite spoken of above. But for sure I would use this.

Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Yes! That is the 24v with the Tile Clad product that I mentioned earlier...

Comment

Working...
                              X