New Swim Platform for RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Swim Platform for RZ4

I have an 08 RZ4 and the swim platform really beats up the wake when we surf. I took off the platform completely yesterday and the wake was massive and clean..
    Is there a new updated model platform I can put on my boat that is smaller, or would prevent this? Or a simple mod I can do to my existing platform.

Thanks

I had the same problem on my boat, I have a 2007 RZ2 and pretty sure you have the same platform. I called the dealership and was quoted close to 2k for a new one, insane! There is someone on this site that will build you a teak one for around 700 I think. Or you can do what many of us have done and cut it down, I did this in the winter and the results were amazing, wish I would have done it sooner. Here is the thread I used for the dimensions when I cut mine down.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...=rz2+swim+deck

Comment

Over on the Moomba forum, there seems to be a similar issue on some of the older boats. Several of the guys there have removed theirs and made a new platform with 3/4 or 1" HDPE and then added SeaDek or some form of traction to the top. In the link below, it will take you to the last page. For what you would be looking for, it might be best to scroll through the thread backwards.
      http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...ng-wrong/page5

We have a new to us 2007 22Ve and I am hoping to build a new platform like this over the winter. This will allow me to keep the OEM platform original in the event we sell the boat and the new owner wants it. It sounds like this can be done for +/-$200 + traction
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I made a temporary deck out of 2 layers pressure treated plywood to test it out when i got my rz4. I am on my second season of it. Since it worked and has held up i haven't cut in to my original deck yet.

Comment

Tige could solve this issue by having an affordable deck.....

If I cut my current platform (about 4" all the way around) will it still have the rigidity that it has now with the round/curved ends? Doesn't that curvature give it its strength?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaase12 View Post
            Tige could solve this issue by having an affordable deck.....

If I cut my current platform (about 4" all the way around) will it still have the rigidity that it has now with the round/curved ends? Doesn't that curvature give it its strength?
            Here are pics of my platform, I've not noticed any difference in strength and last weekend there were 4 adults sitting on it. One of my cuts was made way too close to the bracket and I was worried on that end that there wouldn't be as much strength but I have never noticed a difference. This is by far one of the biggest upgrades you can do for your surf wave.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...=rz2+swim+deck

Comment

Thanks for the input.
              Roughly how many inches did you cut off on the outside perimeter? Just as much as you could without touching the bracket?

Comment

Does anyone have dimensions for the newer style swim deck that Tige uses? When we had our 2013 Z1, I didn't recall this being and issue. If anyone can share these, it would be wonderful. Then I would know what size HDPE to order. Thanks in advance if you can help with this.

Comment

Thanks for the input.
                  Roughly how many inches did you cut off on the outside perimeter? Just as much as you could without touching the bracket?
                  Yes exactly, if you look at the thread I linked to in post #6 you can see just how close I was to the brackets.

Comment

Dimensions of the newer style deck would be great!

I also had issues of water (A LOT) coming over the back of the boat when a surfer would fall and I stopped... Our wave was pretty dam big, but is anyone else having this issue? So every time I had to stop I had to jerk the boat forward before the water rushed over the back end of the boat.

Comment

I also had issues of water (A LOT) coming over the back of the boat when a surfer would fall and I stopped... Our wave was pretty dam big, but is anyone else having this issue? So every time I had to stop I had to jerk the boat forward before the water rushed over the back end of the boat.
                      This is actually fairly common with alot of boats as the wakes/waves get bigger and bigger. We had this issue initially when we had a G23 due to the lower walkthrough. We also had it with an I/O we previously owned and ocassionally with our Z1, but haven't had the 22Ve out enough to run into it. We have found the way to avoid this is to gradually come off the throttle instead of pulling it back quickly into neutral. This allow the wake/wave to slow down as you are still moving forward to prevent the wave from coming in hard to the back of the boat. As you slow down, also cut your wheel to begin the turn so that what is left of the wave momentum helps turn you back to the rider.

Just a few simple adjustments to our driving habits helped curb this issue. Now, if you have an emergency situation, don't worry about the water and get back to the person in need of help.

Comment

Did you ever build your deck?

Comment

Working...
                        X